Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
oldtimer
oldtimer began at the beginning.

Device: None
Just dropped in to say hello

Up to now I have been publishing e-books using DeskTopAuthor. The end result you can achieve is quite stunning and there are lots of features available, but the market is rapidly shifting away from PCs to hand-held readers and mobile devices. So for many months, since ePub was made standard, my task has been to find suitable ePub creation software (as I am not an XML/XHTML wiz) and an open reading device on which to test the results. I have found eCub and Feedbooks both very helpful and I am tempted to buy the BeBook or the CyBook reader.
Any feedback would be welcome.
oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!

At the moment, I'm just using Calibre to convert things to ePub - but I'm sure someone will be along with other ways soon
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Welcome to mobileread.

Sigil is looking very promising as an ePub creator. The ePubs is creates are very clean, and usually pass pubcheck with a problem. (It's only with some imported (X)HTML that I've ever had a problem.)

The Bookeen Opus does ePub, but don't get the Bookeen CyBook if you want ePub support. There's no saying when a firmware update giving ePub support willl arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
Up to now I have been publishing e-books using DeskTopAuthor. The end result you can achieve is quite stunning and there are lots of features available, but the market is rapidly shifting away from PCs to hand-held readers and mobile devices. So for many months, since ePub was made standard, my task has been to find suitable ePub creation software (as I am not an XML/XHTML wiz) and an open reading device on which to test the results. I have found eCub and Feedbooks both very helpful and I am tempted to buy the BeBook or the CyBook reader.
Any feedback would be welcome.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi oldtimer and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebook, cybook, desktopauthor, ecub, feedbooks