Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-08-2014, 01:10 PM   #241
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Areka View Post
Has Golden Allmine decreased your PE's battery life compared to Ermine?
With much?
Purchased apps copied from phone to PE don't work no more, or i can't copy it anymore, that is why i suddenly need google play store on my PE.
This is a subjective battery increase. I didn't actually measure it. But I use Battery Doctor, and it is now giving me ~13hours of estimated battery life on average after a full charge and I can go several days of use without charging it. Before it felt like I was getting 8-10 hours, maybe, out of it.

How is copying off the phone not working? Are all your apps now encrypted APKs? I have a way around that if that is the problem. I still copy apps from my Galaxy Note II to my PE.
helf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:59 PM   #242
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Thumbs up EXCELLENT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helf View Post
*update*
Here ya go - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b42lnqcaqjl8xe3/0zO6A4VrVV
I left them as separate zips. Lemme know if it works.
Quote:
"PE-GA-README.txt"
Instructions:
1) Rename the file PE-GA-update.zip to update.zip and place it into a MicroSD or USB stick. (Note: I have tested the MicroSD installation. It should work from USB, but I haven't tested it.)
I used a 4GB Memorex traveldrive USB 2.0 stick, which I deleted of all files and formatted as FAT32, then added the update and gapps zips; Worked like a charm!

I have an original 'Black' PE.
Quote:
Before update:
Model #: edgejr
Firmware Ver: 1.6
Kernal Ver: 2.6.29
Kernal Ver: buildmaster@zeke#17
Build #: DINGO-1.13
Quote:
After update:
Model #: Nexus One
Firmware Ver: 2.2
Kernal Ver: 2.6.34
Kernal Ver: buildmaster@zeke#1
Build #: FROYO
Currently updating apps from the Play Store!

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 02-09-2014 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Added PE color, removed original 2.0
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #243
Areka
Enthusiast
Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: enTourage edge, 2 rooted pocket edge, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura HD
I have a samsung s4, and when (in es file explorer) i try to backup an apk i have purchased, that fails every time. No problem with free apps. Of course copy theme without firts backup fails too.
Since i have this new phone!

Anyway, i went through with the Allmine update on my backup PE (on top of rooted Ermine) and all seems fine. I will test battery life before i update the other one.
BTW. i moved library to extsd and after allmine install it is back on intsd and wiped clean. I'll move it again, no problem this PE was almost empty.
But good to know for the next time
I'm willing to delete apps not needed but i guess i'll hold on to playstore and google talk.
I've been using the PE for about 2 days on one charge as well.
Areka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:08 PM   #244
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Areka, you must remember that many of the newer apps will NOT work on Android V2.2 - getting the latest and greatest isn't always be best idea.

I have all the apps I use - i.e. they work - backed up onto our storage server, which for most people would be their PC. That way should the need ever arise I could reinstall the OS and apps without problems [many of the older apps that work on the EE and PE are no longer readily available so if you wipe them they are gone].
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #245
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Areka, you must remember that many of the newer apps will NOT work on Android V2.2 - getting the latest and greatest isn't always be best idea.

I have all the apps I use - i.e. they work - backed up onto our storage server, which for most people would be their PC. That way should the need ever arise I could reinstall the OS and apps without problems [many of the older apps that work on the EE and PE are no longer readily available so if you wipe them they are gone].
+++

I back up everything to Dropbox. it is free and should be around long enough This is the other reason why I moved the apps I use into the ROM. When you install updates it leaves the older version in the ROM and just points the system at the newer revision in user space. Lets me easily test updates without fear of losing anything.
Advert
Old 02-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #246
Areka
Enthusiast
Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

I use Dropbox as well, I have a folder for PE compatible apps
Everything I save there and install from there. I have not lost anything with the Allmine update.
I don't update apps often especially not if I'm satisfied with the one I have. Always read the reviews first! I use a dumb method , if I don't like the new app or it's not working i just uninstall and reinstall the old one.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:33 AM   #247
Areka
Enthusiast

Which apps should I remove to extend battery life in Allmine?
I mean Google Apps and entourage apps.
Thanks!
Old 02-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #248
helf
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areka View Post
Which apps should I remove to extend battery life in Allmine?
I mean Google Apps and entourage apps.
Thanks!
I just got to work. Let me get settled in and I will make a list. I am going to start a new thread.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #249
Areka
Enthusiast

helf,

I just remembered the old trick of renaming the telephoneprovider.apk and phone.apk to .old
That made a big difference in battery life back when I first rooted the PE.
And Allmine started everything from scratch so I had to do that again.

Last edited by Areka; 02-11-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #250
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by helf View Post
I just got to work. Let me get settled in and I will make a list. I am going to start a new thread.
Can I modify buildprop so my PE is not seen as a Nexus One?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:52 PM   #251
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
I am interested as well... if you can post the relevant changes all of us who are hanging in there would appreciated it...

Still have 3 working PEs and and EE...
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:10 AM   #252
helf
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrye View Post
I am interested as well... if you can post the relevant changes all of us who are hanging in there would appreciated it...

Still have 3 working PEs and and EE...

I posted here - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=233685

I'm gonna try to finish updating the post this week. If anyone else wants to experiment more and see what else can be removed safely, have at it. I got bored on mine and decided it was "good enough" and have already reloaded all my data :P But I could use a little more free ROM space. I can probably remove one of the office suits. I will play with that. I left them on because I sometimes need to edit/create .doc[x] files.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:13 AM   #253
helf
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Can I modify buildprop so my PE is not seen as a Nexus One?
You can. I will post the information in the thread I linked to in my above post probably tomorrow. You can also adjust the system UI DPI settings, as well. I have mine cranked down so I have more apparent real estate.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:36 PM   #254
helf
Zealot

I updated my post with the build.prop changes I am using.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #255
kaman
kaman began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi,
Anyone out there who can provide me with the update files for the Power Edge?
Much obliged :-)
kaman is offline   Reply With Quote