Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-07-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
eski15
eski15 began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini
Pandigital Novel New Firmware 7-04 and Kohls Update

Just downloaded the new update and it seems to have fixed the wireless issues and the screen orientation issue. The whole unit seems to be much more responsive and the problems with the touch screen when in the browser seem to be solved. It no longer drifts when you try to move up and down and side to side. The page turning speed in the reader seems to be the same, but I never thought that it was really that bad to begin with. They have also added an Adobe ebooks app to the update.

I also stopped into a local Kohls today and was told the they were going to be getting a new "double shipment" soon. As always I take any statement from the store personnel with a grain of salt, as they are really not told much by their HQ's. I have spoken to several store associates who tell me that they do not know what is being shipped to them from week to week!

I have personally seen an internal Kohls email stating that the "black unit" will be shipped to them as a replacement for the white unit. The email I have actually has a Pandigital model number and a Kohls order/sku number for the 2gb black unit, so I think/hope the 2GB unit is coming soon.
eski15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
MikeFromHC
Zealot
MikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pandigital Novel
I was told over the phone on Jul 30 that they had received a 2 Gb unit but when I got thre it was the one Gb model. What with the additional 15% off the original price I was out the door for $112.00 or so.
It works and seems faster than the previous model.
One problem so far is that I can't see as many books as are on the device. They show on the PC but not in the library. Adding new books will bring some of them out of hiding but I can see no pattern.
Listing books by author is a bit flaky. There will be some mixing near the end of a list.

AAAAAAAAAAABBABABBBBBBBBBBBBBBCBCBBCCCCCCCCC.
Again no pattern and it seems to be only where a change happens.
MikeFromHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
kmvargo
kmvargo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
MikeFromHC
There is a new firmware for the Novel on Pandigital's website. It may fix some of your issues.
kmvargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
MikeFromHC
Zealot
MikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pandigital Novel
I have the latest version and the pre-recall units did not have this problem.

The solution is simple. Don't load a lot of books at one time. If you do the unit times out before adding everything. You can turn it off, wait a bit and turn it back on and it will get a few more during each on-off cycle.

You can still drop folders into the main folder and the unit will find the contents. It helps a little with the very poor management functions.
MikeFromHC is offline   Reply With Quote