Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-14-2010, 07:02 AM   #1
hmemcpy
hmemcpy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Remapping the spacebar key in PDF mode to "Next Page"

I just had a thought about trying to somehow map the spacebar key to the "Next Page" function, when there's a PDF open in Kindle 2 (and it's in landscape mode).

This way it would be way easier to advance to the next page without awkward holding of the Kindle.

Do you think this could work?
hmemcpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
DairyKnight
Connoisseur
DairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with others

Device: PRS-505
Write a booklet and AWTHook to hijack the key press event, and send 'NEXT_PAGE' to the corresponding dev. This should work.
DairyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 06:20 AM   #3
oubaas
oubaas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Has anyone actually tried this remapping? The technique is over my head, but I'd love to be able to do this on my kindle.
oubaas is offline   Reply With Quote