Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #301
TraceyAnne
TraceyAnne has learned how to read e-booksTraceyAnne has learned how to read e-booksTraceyAnne has learned how to read e-booksTraceyAnne has learned how to read e-booksTraceyAnne has learned how to read e-booksTraceyAnne has learned how to read e-booksTraceyAnne has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo glo
Talking Great answer.

[QUOTE=meeera;2489175]Your eyes are very, very different from mine, if you've watched the goodereader nighttime reading comparison between the PW and the Aura, and determined that the Paperwhite is anywhere near the same league.

Each to their own. Enjoy your Kindle, and happy reading. I assume you'll be off to the Kindle forum now, to help out your fellow Kindle owners with their questions? Seeya.[/QUOTE
I see a kindle owner has to have their day on a kobo chat. Lol! Great answer. I actually owned four paperwhites all had faulty lighting. One had 8 bright spots. Dreadful. Nearly gave up on ereaders. But read here all the great kobo reviews and have never looked back.
I've even sideloaded ebooks with adobe digital editions. I was very proud of myself
Glad I found this place and love reading all the great comments on kobo.
TraceyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #302
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Dropping back in to this old "KOBO Rocks!!!" thread just to say that I spent Sunday wrangling with a family member's Kindle Touch that I support. Nothing in particular was "wrong" with it, but it was a hassle all the way, and I still find the homepage, the reading page and the available fonts just plain butt-ugly as well as the menuing system non-intuitive. It's not the super-smooth and easy experience that I think it's sometimes made out to be.

It was SUCH a pleasure getting back to my Glo. In the past I've sometimes thought that I should rec Kindle to newbies, just... I don't know, just because it's become a bit of a default industry standard. But I think I'm going to jettison that approach.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2014, 07:12 AM   #303
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I like the Kindle Touch better than the KPW.....but yeah. Big difference from the Kobo. I only got the Touch to read the Prime Lending library books, but then I got a 2013 Fire HD, so the Touch will be leaving here soon. Either going to my MIL or sold. I do think the kindle touch would be far better, for HER, than any Kobo. But I have yet to get her to try reading on it!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:47 AM   #304
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I like the Kindle Touch better than the KPW.....but yeah. Big difference from the Kobo. I only got the Touch to read the Prime Lending library books, but then I got a 2013 Fire HD, so the Touch will be leaving here soon. Either going to my MIL or sold. I do think the kindle touch would be far better, for HER, than any Kobo. But I have yet to get her to try reading on it!
So far I've converted four of my parentlike-people to ereaders, though their choices have varied - a Kindle, a Kobo tablet, a Sony, and a Kobo Glo. And probably more to come!
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:52 PM   #305
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Well, I recently lost my Kobo Touch, on the same day as I ordered an Aura HD. Good heavens I love the HD. It's almost perfect; it has one very, very small light-guide defect that at my normal reading angle I can't even see. Other then that... pure bliss.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2014, 07:43 PM   #306
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Dropping back in to this old "KOBO Rocks!!!" thread just to say that I spent Sunday wrangling with a family member's Kindle Touch that I support. Nothing in particular was "wrong" with it, but it was a hassle all the way, and I still find the homepage, the reading page and the available fonts just plain butt-ugly as well as the menuing system non-intuitive. It's not the super-smooth and easy experience that I think it's sometimes made out to be.

It was SUCH a pleasure getting back to my Glo. In the past I've sometimes thought that I should rec Kindle to newbies, just... I don't know, just because it's become a bit of a default industry standard. But I think I'm going to jettison that approach.
I took a look at a PW in the store and I had to go through all the fonts and I still couldn't find anything that didn't look horrible.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:14 AM   #307
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I took a look at a PW in the store and I had to go through all the fonts and I still couldn't find anything that didn't look horrible.
I agree. I can't stand any of them. They don't even have Georgia on there, which to me, seems like a pretty basic book font, but what do I know?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:43 PM   #308
Eleenox
Eleenox is a glorious beacon of lightEleenox is a glorious beacon of lightEleenox is a glorious beacon of lightEleenox is a glorious beacon of lightEleenox is a glorious beacon of lightEleenox is a glorious beacon of lightEleenox is a glorious beacon of lightEleenox is a glorious beacon of lightEleenox is a glorious beacon of lightEleenox is a glorious beacon of lightEleenox is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch
what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
I uploaded the new Hyphenation dictionaries for you, and a backup of the original.
You can install it by renaming the according tgz file to KoboRoot.tgz and placing it in your .kobo folder.

All credit for the dictonaries belongs to yen
hello?
Eleenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:37 AM   #309
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Avon calling...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote