Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-31-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
omoplata
omoplata began at the beginning.

Device: none
Questions before buying M92

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of buying an M92, but haven't decided yet. I have a Notion Ink Adam tablet with Pixel Qi screen which I find adequate for my purposes. I'm only interested in the M92 as a backup and a novelty. So I can afford to wait for something that fits my expectations.

I search the forums, but not very clear about the answers to the following questions ( mostly because of the deluge of the technical terms used in the forum ) . It would be great if you guys can help me out.

1.) If I understand correctly, the M92 cannot save pdf annotation notes directly on to the pdf. Is this likely to be improved in the future? In the Adam, I can directly annotate the pdf with the Android version of the Adobe Reader, and after I transfer it to my computer all the annotations including notes will still be there.

2.) I also understand that djvu files can't be searched for text in the M92. Is this likely to be improved?

3.) Sometimes I need to check something in Wikipedia when I'm reading. I know that the M92 doesn't support multitasking. But if I exit the pdf reader and turn the web browser on, can I get to the same page in the pdf as before easily?

Thanks!

Last edited by omoplata; 07-31-2012 at 12:36 AM.
omoplata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Pls, see replies below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omoplata View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of buying an M92, but haven't decided yet. I have a Notion Ink Adam tablet with Pixel Qi screen which I find adequate for my purposes. I'm only interested in the M92 as a backup and a novelty. So I can afford to wait for something that fits my expectations.

I search the forums, but not very clear about the answers to the following questions ( mostly because of the deluge of the technical terms used in the forum ) . It would be great if you guys can help me out.

1.) If I understand correctly, the M92 cannot save pdf annotation notes directly on to the pdf. Is this likely to be improved in the future? In the Adam, I can directly annotate the pdf with the Android version of the Adobe Reader, and after I transfer it to my computer all the annotations including notes will still be there.

I don't think it works now on M92 like that

2.) I also understand that djvu files can't be searched for text in the M92. Is this likely to be improved?

You're correct, djvus can't be searched on any device, it's merely a picture, showing text.

3.) Sometimes I need to check something in Wikipedia when I'm reading. I know that the M92 doesn't support multitasking. But if I exit the pdf reader and turn the web browser on, can I get to the same page in the pdf as before easily?

Yes, the device brings you back to the page you were reading.

Thanks!
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2012, 05:28 AM   #3
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
Just wanted to add that DJVUs CAN contain a text layer, but not necessarily so.

So, in theory, text layer can be searched, just a question of software. I know my Windows DJVU reader can search text layer.

This is similar to how PDFs can have searchable text or can be just a bunch of scanned pages.
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotations, djvu, export, m92, search