Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 06:45 AM   #1
cybbe
cybbe began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story
iRiver Story: PDF zoom in landscape mode

Hi!

I just bought the new iRiver Story and have firmware 1.10. I can zoom pdfs in portrait mode but when I switch to landscape I can't zoom anymore. And the zoom is reset when switching mode so I can't set it in portrait and then switch to landscape unfortunately.

I guess this is simply not a supported feature but do you have any ideas if this is coming or any potential workaround.

I'm reading some technical books in PDF format and since there's often big margins so zoom would be great. Also, the landscape mode shows first upper part and then lower part of the page. Current zoom mode (none) shows about 70% of the page total height in the first view, and then the lower part.

So with zoom the upper part would skip the margins and show maybe ~50-60% of the height and the lower part would show the rest. That would be very nice Hope it's an upcoming feature!

Any idea if there are programs that "cuts" the unnecessary white margins for better display on ebook readers? That would also do the trick.

Any ideas and thoughts are welcome!
cybbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybbe View Post
Any idea if there are programs that "cuts" the unnecessary white margins for better display on ebook readers?
See soPdf - Better than Yet another PDF to LRF converter .
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
cybbe
cybbe began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story
Thanks! It works like a charm right out of the box

cybbe is offline   Reply With Quote