Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #481
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
i thought we were going to call that web site 'voldemort' or what is shared there 'the voldemort process'?
Sadly, while some of us would understand a post that said "buy the books from Amazon and use the Voldemort process to sonvert them with Calibre", a web search on that would be somewhat less than useful. So I think I'll save that naming for where it will be clear. Though I have to say the way we all dance around it is very Harry Potterish.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #482
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool oops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Sadly, while some of us would understand a post that said "buy the books from Amazon and use the Voldemort process to sonvert them with Calibre", a web search on that would be somewhat less than useful. So I think I'll save that naming for where it will be clear. Though I have to say the way we all dance around it is very Harry Potterish.
oops! i just noticed i forgot a smilie at the end of my text, so here it is oops, i just overdid it, oh well

but i'll have to say that your post is quite well stated.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #483
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ROFLU. Karma for making me chuckle.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:37 AM   #484
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
You don't have to dance around anything. It's perfectly acceptable to say "Google for Apprentice Alf to find out all about DRM removal". Our site policy is simply that we don't permit links to sites which host DRM removal tools, or the provision of detailed instructions on how to do it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #485
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool snide chuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You don't have to dance around anything. It's perfectly acceptable to say "Google for Apprentice Alf to find out all about DRM removal". Our site policy is simply that we don't permit links to sites which host DRM removal tools, or the provision of detailed instructions on how to do it.
i know that harry [and i'm sure charlie does too], i'm just being snide about it, for a chuckle

actually i strongly agree with the policy.

Last edited by alansplace; 09-17-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Advert
Old 09-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #486
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
i know that harry [and i'm sure charlie does too], i'm just being snide about it, for a chuckle

actually i strongly agree with the policy.
Yup. I completely agree with the policy as currently implemented.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #487
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I love cabbages and I agree with the policy, too!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:43 AM   #488
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

huh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
I love cabbages and I agree with the policy, too!
cabbages?!?
Old 09-18-2011, 01:18 AM   #489
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
I love cabbages
Karma for cabbages.

Quote:
cabbages?!?
For explanation try Googling i♥cabbages.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:14 AM   #490
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool got it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
....For explanation try Googling i♥cabbages.
got it
Old 09-18-2011, 06:39 AM   #491
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quite correct.

Quote:
Yup. I completely agree with the policy as currently implemented.
Moi too.

Oh, and Google for Apprentice Alf to find out all about DRM removal.

This is what government should be like ....... sensible.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:04 PM   #492
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
I found "Still life" for 2.99$ on Amazon so I will have to read it on my iPhone
"A trick of the light" is the only one available on Kobo for the moment, I hope they will bring them all back so I can buy them for my Kobo

Louise Penny's entire collection in back on the Kobo library
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:10 PM   #493
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
Louise Penny's entire collection in back on the Kobo library
Yah, no kidding ... about time. Hopefully, they stay put this time!
Old 10-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #494
tothepoint
Writer
tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: Kindle
Just finished 'Relentless' by Simon Kernick which I enjoyed.
tothepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #495
SensualPoet
Wizard

Loren D Estleman - American Detective

The accomplished Loren D Estleman has published a wide variety of novels but none as popular as his series starring Amos Walker, Detroit-based Private Investigator. Elmore Leonard is quoted saying "Estleman turns Amos Walker loose in a plot and it’s pure private eye all the way. No one does it better." In American Detective, the 19th in the series and published in 2007, Walker takes on the case of a rash, petulant daughter of a faded baseball star and it quickly moves from petty theft to murder to international crime.

Publisher's blurb: Ex-Detroit Tigers pitcher Darius Fuller wants Amos Walker to break off his daughter's engagement to Hilary Bairn, a man he believes is after her two million dollar trust fund. But then Fuller's daughter is found dead in Bairn's apartment, and what seems like a simple case of greed and murder soon uncovers a twisted web of corruption. Walker discovers that Bairn had made many enemies before he disappeared, and continuing his investigation puts Walker on the wrong side of all of them. Soon Walker find himself on the run from crooked cops and vile gangsters, and at every turn farther from the truth than when he started ...

There is lots of he-man action and wry first person commentary: something like Spenser meets The Indestructible Man; yet the wise-cracking feels shallow and the violence is pushed beyond the endurance of even the toughest of tough guys. I confess not to have warmed up to Walker and, as the situations grew more and more physically unlikely, my interest in finding a solution to the case puzzle waned. Critics have found Estleman, in this Walker outing, hitting new heights; if this is among the best, it leaves me uncurious to sample too deeply what has come before. On balance, American Detective is entertaining but not memorable.

Available for Kindle or Kobo for about $9.

Tags
mystery ebooks, thriller