Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-11-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
iPad 3 shipping confirmation

Just received the email from Apple:
My iPad 3 is on its way!
I guess, there's no way I'll get it before Friday - but there's always hope.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:51 AM   #2
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Well, considering that your "collection" of tablets/ereaders is so small, I can see why you are pining for a new tablet.... It must be painful having a "dearth" of reading devices........
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Well, considering that your "collection" of tablets/ereaders is so small, I can see why you are pining for a new tablet.... It must be painful having a "dearth" of reading devices........
Painful indeed.
But on Monday I'll get my Kindle touch and nook touch, so I only somehow have to make to through Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Actually, I'm more anxious about the touch readers than about iPad.
I'm pretty sure, iPad is a great gadget. But I've re-discovered reading. And this still is more fun on the dedicated readers. The last few days I've checked out the various clip-on reading lights, so the main downside (not being able to read in low light conditions) of ePaper units can be solved as well...
Old 03-11-2012, 03:31 AM   #4
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Had my shipping confirmation email yesterday as well. Of course, they don't say where it's shipping from...

Good to know it in the system though.
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:44 AM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermillard View Post
Had my shipping confirmation email yesterday as well. Of course, they don't say where it's shipping from...
China. At least all my previous Apple pre-orders (iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S & iPad 2) have come from there.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2012, 03:45 AM   #6
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:

Usually, my Apple products are shipped from the Netherlands. Rotterdam, I guess.
They probably ship so early to have a buffer, so we all receive them the very same time. (Theoretically, mine could be here on Wednesday, if they wanted to make it happen. Unfortunately, Apple is very well organized in coordinating global launch dates)...
Old 03-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #7
neous
neous began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:

Check your tracking link

Mine shipped from Middleton PA on 3/10
neous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:36 AM   #8
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I went through all this with iPad1. Never again! I'm going to do a walk-in and see if I can get one on the day. Waiting around at home at alunch was a killer, especially when I was seeing people posting in forums here and there that they had walked into a store (Apple or reseller) and out by 9am, and I didnt get mine til 12. Dunno whats happening over there, but in Aus, shipping is now pushed back to "2-3 weeks"
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:05 AM   #9
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Dunno whats happening over there, but in Aus, shipping is now pushed back to "2-3 weeks"
Complete sell-out of all pre-orders, apparently. So clearly another turkey of a product from a company left floundering after the loss of its founder.../sarcasm.

FWIW there's no detail on my tracking link other than the carrier; no worries, I'm confident it'll be here on Friday.
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:00 AM   #10
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I went through all this with iPad1. Never again! I'm going to do a walk-in and see if I can get one on the day. Waiting around at home at alunch was a killer, especially when I was seeing people posting in forums here and there that they had walked into a store (Apple or reseller) and out by 9am, and I didnt get mine til 12. Dunno whats happening over there, but in Aus, shipping is now pushed back to "2-3 weeks"
I did so with iPad 2. Went to the Apple store in Munich around 10 am.
There had been about 500 people in front of me already.
Their staff solved it perfectly, all customers in line have been informed frequently, whether there are enough iPad 2s in stock.
Still, I had to wait around 4 hours.
I don't mind, whether other customers have their iPads before me. I just would be disappointed, if it wouldn't be here over the weekend. But it's on its way already and I'm pretty sure, Apple will deliver right to the spot.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #11
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Mine is Nashville. Woot! I know it won't get here till Fri though. So it's all good.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #12
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Mine is Nashville. Woot! I know it won't get here till Fri though. So it's all good.
Now, you'll be able to have dual tablet screens one in each hand.....

Tell us how it compare to the ipad 2....should be interesting....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #13
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Now, you'll be able to have dual tablet screens one in each hand.....

Tell us how it compare to the ipad 2....should be interesting....
Lol. My wife is getting my iPad 2 & my dad is getting her iPad 1. But maybe I'll put a hinge on just to try it out. Haha. I'll post my thoughts when it gets here though.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #14
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Lol. My wife is getting my iPad 2 & my dad is getting her iPad 1. But maybe I'll put a hinge on just to try it out. Haha. I'll post my thoughts when it gets here though.
Shouldn't you be a good little husband and give the iPad 3 to your wife?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #15
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
FWIW there's no detail on my tracking link other than the carrier; no worries, I'm confident it'll be here on Friday.
You can go here: https://seal.syncreon.com/synview-on...em_selection.p
Enter 'Tracking number' in the first box, and 'Additional order number' in the second box.
It doesn't yet actually have any interesting information though.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote