Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Changelog for 3.0.2 beta?

Ok, I've installed the 3.0.2 beta on my K3. Amazon's site says
For a limited time, we are releasing an early preview of the next software update. This software update includes web browser and general performance improvements.
So what exactly should I be providing feedback on? As an experienced beta tester on other platforms, I'm kinda used to a changelog to let me know what I'm supposed to be looking for.

At any rate, 24 hours with no hiccups anywhere. I haven't noticed any improvements, but I haven't had any crashes or other issues either. Can anyone tell me what's new with this beta?
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I think they are behind in updating the webpage for the 3.0.2 preview. They've been pushing it out OTA for a while (that's how I was updated).

There were people who had issues with slow page turns when the Kindle was out in the heat (me) and other's who had spontaneous restarts. The new firmware seems to have fixed those problems. Amazon was most likely looking for feedback to make sure those with problems had the problems fixed (mine was).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #3
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Thanks, daffy. I appreciate your answer.

No problems experienced reading outside in Colorado's long and unseasonably warm fall, but I can't resist updates (and hacks) as I do with all my electronic toys.
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote