Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 12:00 AM   #46
pricecw
Zealot
pricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheese

Device: enTourage eDGe
Running Firefox with noscript I get nothing but an xml <!--. Everything else is blocked.

My basic opinion, if the site requires me to allow it to run scripts before I see what it is, it isn't worth the time to look at it. I really don't feel it worth the risk to allow anonymous sites to run scripts the moment I visit the site. To many security holes in the OSs today to trust that.

From what you said, PayPal has a lot of people flocking away from it. I left when I had a bad e-bay transaction and they would not help at all. Really showed their colors. Anyway, depending fully on PayPal, you will lose costumers.

--Carl
pricecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:10 AM   #47
ondabeach
Groupie
ondabeach doesn't litterondabeach doesn't litter

Device: HTC touch Diamond, Ipaq 3115
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
Starting to get places.

I love the direct download links, sorting by price, etc.
Wishing you all the best, keep doing what your doing!
ondabeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:50 AM   #48
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pricecw View Post
From what you said, PayPal has a lot of people flocking away from it. I left when I had a bad e-bay transaction and they would not help at all. Really showed their colors. Anyway, depending fully on PayPal, you will lose costumers.
I have not had that experience at all, since I started using PayPal for sales. Just sayin'.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:53 AM   #49
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm not sure what the perceived risks of PayPal are. Perhaps it's different in the US, but in the UK PayPal are a bank, regulated by the Financial Services Authority just like every other bank, and your money is perfectly safe.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Since this is going to be the ultimate eBook site, all eBooks would be free forever.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #51
frank.w
Enthusiast
frank.w began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (sans 3G)
I'm with Harry on the cookies

they do add functionality that I find useful -- I'd also go a step further and suggest that a sprinkling of advertising probably wouldn't hurt, it could add to the look of your pages, and would certainly provide a bit of revenue - money that could mean the difference between sucess and failure at some point.

In the end, the best thing your can give your visitors is choice.

- Frank
frank.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:37 PM   #52
ondabeach
Groupie

Hi pricecw, sorry mate but our website is too dynamic by design not to use javascript. Also sorry to hear you had a bad e-bay experience but PayPal are still the best of the 'bad bunch'.

Hi Steve, same here, I think PayPal rocks, but then again everybody screws the pooch from time to time.

Hi Frank.w, yes, I have tasted cookies and they're mighty fine. I implemented cookies and auto-login after Harry made his cookie comment earlier. Sorry if I respond too fast to reuests, I don't want to give any-one head spins lol. I'm trying to avoid advertising as it is one of my pet hates on web-sites. We may accept ads from people or companies providing services to authors such as copyrighting etc at some point though.

Hi JSWolf, mate you'll have to convince the authors to give their work away gratis, if you succeed let me know and get them on the site , we can promise we'll continue to operate on the smallest profit margin possible to encourage low prices on eBooks though.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:52 PM   #53
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
ondabeach, why don't you put a link to zuluexpress in your sig? I think you'd be totally justified, and then we don't have to hunt up the url (and you don't have to remember to post it) when you let us know about updates or changes, etc.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:15 AM   #54
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
hmm I only see 10 books in the library but know there has to be more than that because depending on how I sort them, I see different titles, however, I can never view more than 10. Shouldn't their be a "next" or "more" button

Using SRWare Iron browser if it helps any
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:49 AM   #55
pricecw
Zealot
pricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheese

Device: enTourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm not sure what the perceived risks of PayPal are. Perhaps it's different in the US, but in the UK PayPal are a bank, regulated by the Financial Services Authority just like every other bank, and your money is perfectly safe.
Not here in the US, they are just a corporation and there are a number of web sites that tell the tale of the customer woe. Personally, I was happy with them, and trusted they would be there as they said when I needed them. They however did not stand up to their agreement with me. So I cancelled the account then and there, and the ebay one. Went from spending significant $$ with them to not using them. I figure a company will always show it's colors when they have a problem to resolve, that when you decide if it is worth remaining a customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondabeach View Post
Hi pricecw, sorry mate but our website is too dynamic by design not to use javascript. Also sorry to hear you had a bad e-bay experience but PayPal are still the best of the 'bad bunch'.
Sorry to hear this. It isn't hard to have a webpage that isn't 100% scripts. Also, as above, PayPal will keep me out of your store. I am probably not a huge loss to you, and your store isn't a huge loss to me. I was trying to point out limitations that would stop your site from becoming the ultimate eBook site.

--Carl
pricecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:14 AM   #56
ondabeach
Groupie

No worries Carl, at the end of the day we all have to be true to our own self, thanks for your input.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:30 AM   #57
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnett View Post
ondabeach, why don't you put a link to zuluexpress in your sig? I think you'd be totally justified, and then we don't have to hunt up the url (and you don't have to remember to post it) when you let us know about updates or changes, etc.

seconded ... (please...)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:03 AM   #58
ondabeach
Groupie

Hope you like the signature.

Last edited by ondabeach; 03-01-2010 at 08:05 AM. Reason: hmmm, where's my signature?
Old 03-01-2010, 08:09 AM   #59
ondabeach
Groupie

maybe this time....
Old 03-01-2010, 08:18 AM   #60
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondabeach View Post
maybe this time....

bravo - now we don't have to search ! - just look for you .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote