Notices

Old 10-05-2007, 10:48 AM   #1
MarkRPenn
Connoisseur
MarkRPenn began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Eyup

Hello, me here.

Have had my Iliad (V2) for a few days now, and love most of it. Using it mostly for tech docs and for note taking, but also am reading my first e-book and am amazed how good an experience it is. Actually more convenient than a paper book.

ttfn

Mark
MarkRPenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:49 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Welcome to MobileRead Mark. Glad you are enjoying your iLiad. eink is quite nice.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkRPenn View Post
Have had my Iliad (V2) for a few days now, and love most of it. Using it mostly for tech docs and for note taking, but also am reading my first e-book and am amazed how good an experience it is. Actually more convenient than a paper book.
Hmm and I am still fighting with various conversion tools to get tech docs on my Reader. I think one day I won't get around to buying a reader with a bigger screen.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #4
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
I too would love to try one of these out, before I buy it. So until that happens, I will stick with what I have and wait to see what floats down the pipes! Glad you have one of these and enjoy what you can do with it.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:51 AM   #5
MarkRPenn
Connoisseur
MarkRPenn began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Hmm and I am still fighting with various conversion tools to get tech docs on my Reader.
Ah well, most of mine are quite simple pdf's, formatted for A4 mostly, so no real issue. Plus, because I use a Mac, converting anything at all to a pdf couldn't be easier.

I bought it because I spend a lot of my time on roofs and in sunlight on building sites, either refering to and marking up tech docs and drawings, or taking survey notes. Paper gets wet or blows away, and a laptop is unreadable and likely to get damaged (too big to carry up a cat ladder safely). The Irex is the perfect solution.

OK, so not perfect - colour would be handy, as would a lower price, pdf searches and faster response, but after years of trying all kinds of other solutions it's damn close

Mark

Last edited by MarkRPenn; 10-08-2007 at 08:53 AM.
MarkRPenn is offline   Reply With Quote