Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
IanSR
IanSR began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon kindle 3
Calibre and validation error for Smashwords

Hello
I have been using Calibre foe Mobi and Epub converstion. I have been trying to upload a file to Smashwords and it keeps failing. I have used an online checker that Smashword uses to validate my file. The error i get and this is what epub-checker generates is below.

ERROR: Faeries of Birchover Wood - Book 1 - The Bad, The - Ian S. Rutter.epub/SWTFoBWB1_split_025.html(61,60): element "img" not allowed here; expected the element end-tag or element "address", "blockquote", "del", "div", "dl", "h1", "h2", "h3", "h4", "h5", "h6", "hr", "ins", "noscript", "ns:svg", "ol", "p", "pre", "script", "table" or "ul" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg")

The error also prevents an upload to Apple iTunes.
I have checked my source code using CSS validation and HTML validation and the code is 100% error free and meets all standards.

I have posted this message here as I think it is to do with Calibre. I think that because as soon as I change my name in the Edit Meta tag of Calibre, the change appears in the error.
I am probably wrong but I hope someone has an idea of this error.
Kind regards
IanSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Split25
near Line 60 The error line given is where it BECOMES known there is a problem.

Use Sigil (or Tweak epub and your favorite HTML text editor) and back track from the IMG tag
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
IanSR
IanSR began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon kindle 3
Hello

Great. I used Tweak_epub which split the html into differenct files. I could then zone in on HTML-25 which had a missing <p class> on the img tag. All worked and sorted. No errors from Pagine-Epub Checker.
Draft2Digital has accepted the mew ePub for Apple but Smashwords wants the TOC to be at the front of the book and I am trying to work that one out.
IanSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanSR View Post
Hello

Great. I used Tweak_epub which split the html into differenct files. I could then zone in on HTML-25 which had a missing <p class> on the img tag. All worked and sorted. No errors from Pagine-Epub Checker.
Draft2Digital has accepted the mew ePub for Apple but Smashwords wants the TOC to be at the front of the book and I am trying to work that one out.
See, They don't want no Naked Images in their EPUB's
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:32 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanSR View Post
Great. I used Tweak_epub which split the html into differenct files.
FYI, when tweak ePub opens or explodes a book it does not alter the contents of the book. If the html was split into multiple files (very common in ePubs) then that is how the html was inside the ePub.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert