Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
johnes
johnes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Global Wireless
Kindle Global file copying problems

I've recently purchased a Kindle Global Wireless, and have successfully downloaded books, successfully emailed pdfs to my Kindle, and - on one occasion - successfully transferred an azw file that I received through the name@free.kindle.com pdf file conversion service.

But other files that I have received from this service do not transfer to the Kindle. I get an error message 'Cannot copy <filename>: Cannot find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and filename.'

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?
johnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:38 AM   #2
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
What are you using to copy the file (ie Windows Explorer or some other software/operating system)? Can you give an example of the filename of a file which causes this error? I'm wondering whether there could be an unusual character in the filename string causing the issue.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
johnes

Dragging over from desktop to windows explorer. Typical filename:

Doctor Marigold - Charles Dickens.azw

I should add that these files work just fine on Kindle for PC.

Last edited by johnes; 11-15-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:58 AM   #4
johnes

Puzzle sorted - right clicking on the file and 'send to' the Kindle, then dragging and dropping from the kindle root into documents does the trick. Strange.

Thanks to all who mused over this one.