Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
MorrisTheCat
MorrisTheCat began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello all from New Zealand

Have today begun my search and to join the growing group of e-reader owners in NZ. The biggest problem i face is that there aren't that many retailers with the machines yet so you can see and handle them in person.

I have B&N's eReader on my iTouch which is fine but for me it's just a little bit small and using it can become quite uncomfortable.

Part of the fun in the following weeks is to find out what machines are in NZ or whether i import my own. I love having gadgets and now my bookshelves are virtually full at home with past reads and loads of text references, an eReader seems to be the answer.

MorrisTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:25 PM   #2
tonyboy
tonyboy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisTheCat View Post
Have today begun my search and to join the growing group of e-reader owners in NZ. The biggest problem i face is that there aren't that many retailers with the machines yet so you can see and handle them in person.

I have B&N's eReader on my iTouch which is fine but for me it's just a little bit small and using it can become quite uncomfortable.

Part of the fun in the following weeks is to find out what machines are in NZ or whether i import my own. I love having gadgets and now my bookshelves are virtually full at home with past reads and loads of text references, an eReader seems to be the answer.

hi, i'm new too
tonyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #3
gregcd
Connoisseur
gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-t1, prs-650 to sell
Hi tony & morris
i took the plunge last year and ordered a 505 from the USA to NZ. ive been very happy with it after using PDA's and such to read.
gregcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:02 PM   #4
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Hey Morris!

You might find this useful - Review of ECO reader. The ECO reader and the Hanlin V5 are available in Australia and NZ atm, with support. I don't have a reader myself yet, so I can't really comment much more than that.

I hope you get all the information your heart desires here
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:11 AM   #5
paul1403
Exertion Avoider
paul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheesepaul1403 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Eco-Reader, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy S2
Hi Morris, and hi Tonyboy.

Good luck in your search. If you find a good one, let me know...

Paul
Canberra, Australia
paul1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi MorrisTheCat and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #7
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #8
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Morris and Tony!!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote