Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-31-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
First year on board!

This marks the official anniversary of my first post on MR. Although I'd been lurking about for a couple of months.

In many ways it wasn't a quiet year. It was mainly marked by the official arrival of E-Ink to the commercial market, of course that is what brought me here in the first place , and a big personnal 50th step through my life... But it was a memorable one. A slow one that I have savored with always a thought through my days for someone or a thread here, at Mobile Read. And a personnaly unusual impatient wait for the arrival of the desired eink devices.

I'd like to thank everybody for their tolerance towards my intrusion in their communications and especially those whose feathers I might have ruffled with my irreverence. I have made good friends here and I thank them for being so. I hope too that new ones there will be...
Thanks!
Yvan

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 05-31-2007 at 12:10 PM.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:56 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
YAY! I can't believe it's been a year already. And yet it seems like you have always been with us! You are a central landmark and important part of our community, and I'm really delighted that you found us and decided to hang around. I know that's a common sentiment. Not to mention "the case", and all your materials expertise which is always fun to hear.

You're right.. those are some big big milestones with e-ink and the half-century mark! May you have many more. (Both e-book technologies and birthdays!)
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It does seem like you've always been here, yvanleterrible, but then I wasn't here all that long before you joined up.

I'm looking forward to what this year brings, for all of us.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:11 PM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Thank you guys!

Bob! You recently went past your third mark!... You're a beacon to us...

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 05-31-2007 at 04:12 PM.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:53 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Now from where I sit he has always been here -- as have Bob and NatCh.

Congratulations on one year.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2007, 04:11 PM   #6
CLIEGURU
CLIEGURU ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CLIEGURU ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CLIEGURU ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CLIEGURU ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CLIEGURU ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CLIEGURU ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CLIEGURU ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CLIEGURU ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CLIEGURU ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CLIEGURU ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CLIEGURU ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CLIE UX50
Congratulations and thanks for making things so clear
CLIEGURU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:57 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
So it's been only a year, but it seems to be like you've always been part of here Congratulations!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote