Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #331
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
:snortle:
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:48 PM   #332
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Marc ~ if you wore some high heels, your bum would look perfect in whatever you wear!!
Hah! Touché, Kat.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:08 AM   #333
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Hah! Touché, Kat.

Cheers,
Marc
Great tush eh!
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:41 AM   #334
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Great tush eh!
Oh dear...
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:32 AM   #335
mvisconte
pHilosopher kIng
mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop, laptop, desktop, phone (HTC, HTC, Asus, Asus, LG rah!)
So many questions about karma... I just need to know, how we trade our karma in for nifty prizes, like Nooks and stuff?
mvisconte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #336
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvisconte View Post
So many questions about karma... I just need to know, how we trade our karma in for nifty prizes, like Nooks and stuff?
First you have to purchase the official MR booklets to paste your Karma points into - and then find the hidden post listing the prizes you can redeem your Karma points for (last time I looked it was heading for the wormhole leading to the Delta Quadrant). So shipping & handling costs can be a wee bit inflated.

Easy Peasy! Start enjoying those wonderful gifts (whatever & wherever they are) as soon as you fill up your first booklet.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #337
mvisconte
pHilosopher kIng
mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop, laptop, desktop, phone (HTC, HTC, Asus, Asus, LG rah!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Easy Peasy! Start enjoying those wonderful gifts (whatever & wherever they are) as soon as you fill up your first booklet.
I think the lowest level prize allows me to log in 24 hours a day, and track posts that I'm interested in.

I heard I need 1,000,000 KP for my first prize.

Aside from the fact that each booklet holds 1000 KP, and I have to order booklets separately, and I have to paste KP into the booklets one KP at a time, and I can't use a sponge, I have to lick each KP, and I get electron fuzz on my tongue, and I'm not quite sure sure what the first prize even is, this may take longer than I thought.

How many points for a Nook 2?
mvisconte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #338
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvisconte View Post
I think the lowest level prize allows me to log in 24 hours a day, and track posts that I'm interested in.

I heard I need 1,000,000 KP for my first prize.

Aside from the fact that each booklet holds 1000 KP, and I have to order booklets separately, and I have to paste KP into the booklets one KP at a time, and I can't use a sponge, I have to lick each KP, and I get electron fuzz on my tongue, and I'm not quite sure sure what the first prize even is, this may take longer than I thought.

How many points for a Nook 2?
You would have to ask the Karma gods - which would involve traveling to the mountain tops in a distant galaxy (no they don't have cable yet) light years away. (Drop us a post card when you get there!)
Old 03-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #339
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Thanks to WDE for his generous donation of karma to put me to 5000!
Here's the question...
My blocks of geekness indicator now says "Klaatu Barada Niktu!" Is that Klingon? And can anyone translate? I apparantly am not yet geeky enough understand this language.
(okay, it's two questions)
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #340
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
Thanks to WDE for his generous donation of karma to put me to 5000!
Here's the question...
My blocks of geekness indicator now says "Klaatu Barada Niktu!" Is that Klingon? And can anyone translate? I apparantly am not yet geeky enough understand this language.
(okay, it's two questions)
Did you ever see the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still?" (hint hint)

And - congrats on your karma! Geeks unlimited!
Old 03-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #341
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Did you ever see the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still?" (hint hint)

And - congrats on your karma! Geeks unlimited!
Old one? ... probably ages ago when I had a good memory.
New one? ... it's in my Netflix Queue. Guess I'll have to push it up to the top!
Thanks poohbear!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #342
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
Old one? ... probably ages ago when I had a good memory.
New one? ... it's in my Netflix Queue. Guess I'll have to push it up to the top!
Thanks poohbear!
There is the original version (from the 50's) with Michael Rennie - watch this one! Pay attention to how they communicate with the robot.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #343
K8Ereader
Connoisseur
K8Ereader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.K8Ereader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.K8Ereader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.K8Ereader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Is it just Karma, or is there Kudos too?

Apparently I now have a complete set of Star Wars figures
K8Ereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #344
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
I Spit on Your Karma

"I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -- Groucho Marx

“I'd never join a club that would allow a person like me to become a member.” -- Woody Allen

I was proud when the ratio of my posts to my karma was below 1.0. Now some well meaning person has totally upset the apple cart and bolluxed that ratio. I may have to make 1000 posts in the next week just to restore the balance. Even my fellow contrarian, Yuga, has a lopsided ratio. How can I hope to attain amateur contrarian status if I am assaulted with random acts of kindness? Moderator: Please begin instituting negative karma points, or if that is not possible, give each individual the power to add negative points to his/her own karma. I have worked very hard in my life to become a stuffshirt, and A Very Serious Man. Shirley, this was for naught.

Fat Abe

“To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer; not to love is to suffer; to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy, then, is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be happy, one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness.” -- Woody again
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:44 PM   #345
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post

"I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -- Groucho Marx

“I'd never join a club that would allow a person like me to become a member.” -- Woody Allen

I was proud when the ratio of my posts to my karma was below 1.0. Now some well meaning person has totally upset the apple cart and bolluxed that ratio. I may have to make 1000 posts in the next week just to restore the balance. Even my fellow contrarian, Yuga, has a lopsided ratio. How can I hope to attain amateur contrarian status if I am assaulted with random acts of kindness? Moderator: Please begin instituting negative karma points, or if that is not possible, give each individual the power to add negative points to his/her own karma. I have worked very hard in my life to become a stuffshirt, and A Very Serious Man. Shirley, this was for naught.

Fat Abe

“To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer; not to love is to suffer; to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy, then, is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be happy, one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness.” -- Woody again
More kindness wafting your way, Abe. Now you'll have to post more.
Patricia, the contrarian moderator.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
focking, lefty