Notices

Old 11-25-2009, 02:43 AM   #1
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
LOST my sony reader

Tears are rolling down my cheek

I just forgot my PRS 600 in a cab in INDIA . Police says forget it. Cab company says tell us the cab/taxi number and we will get it. which obviously don't remember

Just got it a month back with the cover and now this. Very bad year . Broke my cybook in feb and now this /
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:02 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Oh, no!!! So very sorry for you!! I would be doing the same, if that happened to me. I will hope that you get it back.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:30 AM   #3
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I feel for you. Hope you get it back , will be crossing fingers, eyes, legs and whatever else can be crossed for you.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:02 AM   #4
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
So sorry to hear this but am hoping it does manage to make its way back to you. Crossing my fingers and sending some e-luck your way ...
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:23 AM   #5
Dave d
Dave d began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 600
Sorry to hear
Dave d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:48 AM   #6
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
well i m saving up now and gonna get me another prs600 for christmas now
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:18 AM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #8
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
My Sony Reader (before I bought the Kindle DX) was lost or stolen as well. I know how you feel. Hang in there.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:30 PM   #9
Peterican
Peterican began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Touch Edition PRS600 [Black]
Empathy

I lost mine on 12/01/09.
I left it at the doctor's office and they are claiming it's not there. I hope what they say about karma is true!!!

Last edited by Peterican; 12-07-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Peterican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:32 PM   #10
Peterican
Peterican began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Touch Edition PRS600 [Black]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakiyabhai View Post
well i m saving up now and gonna get me another prs600 for christmas now
i think i'll have to do that too. this thing had started a really good habit for me... READING.
Peterican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #11
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakiyabhai View Post
Tears are rolling down my cheek

I just forgot my PRS 600 in a cab in INDIA . Police says forget it. Cab company says tell us the cab/taxi number and we will get it. which obviously don't remember

Just got it a month back with the cover and now this. Very bad year . Broke my cybook in feb and now this /
Did you buy it with a credit card? If so, check to see - some cards have a 90 day lost/stolen/broken insurance. You will need to file a police report. And I don't know if such policies work outside the US.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #12
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Sorry about the loss. I taped my business card to the back of my Reader when I got it, just in case. It can't hurt.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #13
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
Sorry about the loss. I taped my business card to the back of my Reader when I got it, just in case. It can't hurt.
Yeah, cause once they get your Reader, they'll want the rest of your stuff.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:34 PM   #14
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Yeah, cause once they get your Reader, they'll want the rest of your stuff.
You are overlooking the magical thinking.

I have never lost or forgotten anything that was properly labeled with my name & phone number. OTOH, I have lost several items which I failed to label.

Similarly, I have never dropped an electronic device which is in a case designed to protect it from drops.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote