Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-09-2014, 04:12 AM   #256
takikura
Connoisseur
takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle sony reader boox 60
Hi embryo and koboloid

Thanks for your help. Droidwall helped me to stop the up-date but I have not yet succeeded to stop the scanning with koboloid's command. It tried it with the Android terminal emulater and with Smanager. I will try this eveing again and let you know the result.

Thanks Takikura
takikura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:04 AM   #257
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by takikura View Post
I have not yet succeeded to stop the scanning with koboloid's command. It tried it with the Android terminal emulater and with Smanager. I will try this eveing again and let you know the result.
I don't think it will work...
Media scanning refers to "Media" (Pix, Video, Audio files)
You can stop the media players and the Gallery from scanning, but not any program that scans for anything else.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #258
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You could put the files/folders you don't want scanned into a "hidden" folder, one that has a name that starts with a dot/period like ".kobo". Most reading programs can be set to see hidden files/folders. Programs that directly open a file naming the path, including the hidden folder, can do so even if the file is "hidden".

In Windows you can make hidden folders with the command line "md" command or in Windows Explorer you just make the name with a dot before and after the name (.foldername.) and the trailing dot will disappear leaving the hidden folder (named .foldername)

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:07 PM   #259
takikura
Connoisseur
takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle sony reader boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
I don't think it will work...
Media scanning refers to "Media" (Pix, Video, Audio files)
You can stop the media players and the Gallery from scanning, but not any program that scans for anything else.
Hi emgryo

I believe the command is executed properly, as the result "new status: disabled" appears on the terminal emulater as shown on
http://http://forum.xda-developers.c....php?t=1409780

But the SD scan starts after power off and on of the device.

Hope someone can find the solution.
Takikura
takikura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:19 PM   #260
yyou
yyou began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
This is awesome, thanks for the hard work on the hack.

Has anyone managed to get the lock screen working? I am a little loath in adding my account details on a portable device that cannot be locked.
yyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:21 PM   #261
delphi19
delphi19 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Some amazing work here.

Has anyone tried to install OverDrive Media Console ?

Wanted so my wife could use Glo to directly (ie without a PC) download books from her public library account.
delphi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:18 AM   #262
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphi19 View Post
Some amazing work here.

Has anyone tried to install OverDrive Media Console ?

Wanted so my wife could use Glo to directly (ie without a PC) download books from her public library account.
I installed it for you and it seems to work.
I browse some libraries of New York, but I didn't download anything because I had to sign in ...

BTW I installed the old version for 2.2-3.2 Android from here.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:02 AM   #263
delphi19
delphi19 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
I installed it for you and it seems to work.
Very much appreciated - thanks.
delphi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:24 PM   #264
embryo
Fanatic

FBReader e-ink optimised

Here you can find FBReader (my favorite Android eReader), customized for Nook Simple Touch.
I hope they keep the e-ink specific code for the upcoming versions also ...
Old 01-23-2014, 02:33 AM   #265
zufre
Connoisseur
zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo/Nook ST
Unable to download the image since several days ago. Too much traffic in the account, according to Dropbox...
zufre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:42 AM   #266
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zufre View Post
Unable to download the image since several days ago. Too much traffic in the account, according to Dropbox...
Get the Glo image here.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:27 PM   #267
Deivid3g
Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G(BRICKED), Kobo GLO
Can this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ReaderPlatform work well in kobo glo?
Deivid3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #268
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivid3g View Post
Its not a free app, so I can not test it ...
Old 01-24-2014, 01:28 AM   #269
zufre
Connoisseur
zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thank you!

Quote:
Get the Glo image here.
I got the image and will try it soon. Thank you and have a nice day!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:32 AM   #270
zufre
Connoisseur

You can use Perfect Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivid3g View Post
Comics Reader (Kervala) works OK and is quite fast in my Nook ST. Perfect Reader worked OK too but is is slower. I guess they will work with this one. They are not eink friendly, though, so you will have constant refreshes but it is not too bad.
Other options are Comic Rack, Comitton and SCV. All of them allow you to get a zoom easily. They did not work with my Nook though.
Regards.

Last edited by zufre; 01-24-2014 at 02:48 AM.

Tags
android, glo, kobo, shine, tolino