Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
jreuschl
jreuschl is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-500
Content in store

I know that B&N has talked about content if you bring your Nook into their store. Has anything been available yet?

I heard that they may offer reading of any ebook for 1 hour in store. Is this true and when is this going to be offered?

I currently have a Sony reader, happy with it, but looking for enhanced "active" content.

Thanks!
jreuschl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
The one time I brought my nook to B&N, I downloaded about a dozen short stories or teasers for books. I don't know if they were supporting one hour browsing. Your best bet would be to stop in and ask.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
The first B/N I brought it to, I wasn't able to find any exclusive deals or coupons. There were a bunch of free downloads, mostly articles and stuff pertaining to the Oscars.

But I went there this afternoon and a coupon popped up for 50% off the leather bound Alice in Wonderland B/N Classic edition. And that was before regular member prices and other B/N deals.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
chipsndip
chipsndip began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
They are currently offering "More In Store" deals, including free article and book downloads, and coupons for things in store. Last week you could download Alice In Wonderland with illustrations for free... I don't know if that's still going on. I talked with an employee who said that the "browse any ebook" feature is coming very soon, the official word is still "Q1" which technically ends the end of March. But it's not there yet.
chipsndip is offline   Reply With Quote