Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #1
AJvK
AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura (normal and HD)
Question Issue with SleepCover?

I have an Aura HD with SleepCover. Often (but not always) when I open the SleepCover and start reading without touching the screen, the Aura goes back to sleep after about one minute. I can wake it back up with the power sliders, so it's not a big deal, but I do find this behaviour curious.

Settings for Light, sleep & power all check out normally, nothing weird there that would explain this behaviour.

Has anyone else noticed this?
AJvK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just touch the screen after the wakeup. What you are seeing is a safeguard against accidental waking of the device. For what its worth the Glo has the same issue.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
AJvK
AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura (normal and HD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
What you are seeing is a safeguard against accidental waking of the device.
It's my first Kobo so I didn't know about the Glo - my "old" Sony PRS-T2 (now my wife's ) didn't do this. Good to know it's normal behaviour. Thanks for the reply!
AJvK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #4
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Some people think it's a feature, some people think it's a bug. If you increase your default sleep and/or light off times in your Sleep and Power settings, the length of the interval before your device sleeps/light goes off after opening the cover will increase.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #5
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
I've got mine set for 10 minutes and it still goes off shortly after it wakes up...sometimes. Not always. I'm not sure I've been touching it the times it doesn't go off, but I'll try that. Today it went off three times; sometimes I can go for days without that happening. I do have the sleepcover.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #6
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
One quick press to bring up the menu and another to dismiss it will resolve the issue, plus you get to check the time, battery level and make sure you remembered to turn the wireless off. See, it is a feature!
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #7
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
I've got mine set for 10 minutes and it still goes off shortly after it wakes up...sometimes. Not always. I'm not sure I've been touching it the times it doesn't go off, but I'll try that. Today it went off three times; sometimes I can go for days without that happening. I do have the sleepcover.
If you increase that time to 45 minutes, it will go off after about 3 minutes, which may be enough time for you to finish the page.

A vertical swipe up will do nothing, so it is handier than bringing up a menu as you only have to touch the screen once, but it is still a workaround.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #8
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Just do a vertical swipe on the screen and it will stop the time-out timer without opening anything (i.e. the menu's) that need to be closed again. One "touch" solution.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #9
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
That was it. As long as I remember to swipe somewhere it's all good! thanks!
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura, sleepcover