Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #1
2percentright
2percentright began at the beginning.

Device: Sony-505
Single page "Invalid Page!" error Sony-505

I'm having problems with my Sony Reader 505 that is totally new to me after owning it since December of last year.

I'm using Calibre like I always have. I add the file to the program, edit the metadata as needed, convert it and then send it to device.

Unlike every single time before, this produces a single "page" (according to the info page) that, if I attempt to view, gives me the big exclamation point and "Invalid Page!" error.

I've searched on here for help but haven't found any posts that sound anything like the problem I'm having, so I felt the need to break down, create an account and ask for help.

Anyone have any clue wtf the problem is?

If I choose to view the document within Calibre the file is rendered correctly, but, as we all know, it's way better to read on a reader than on a computer screen.
2percentright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:47 PM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I've been having the same problem. I'm not sure if it is with calibre or on the Reader.

If I convert to LRF, it works. If I convert to EPUB, I get the error you do.

Try LRF, maybe?
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #3
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
"Invalid page" usually results from damaged book file. The Reader's firmware sometimes corrupts data in its internal memory, for example, truncating the book file at 0 bytes. Other common cause is a corruption of the device cache. It is usually enough to delete the book's file and upload it again under a different name, but it seems that when "Invalid page" happens, the Reader becomes unstable and tends to reboot fairly soon; deleting the cache file has always worked fine for me, though.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #4
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
Thanks pepak,
And how does one delete PRS 505 cache???
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #5
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Delete Sony Reader\database\cache.xml (on a memory card) or database\cache\media.xml (internal memory).
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #6
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
Thanks a lot pepak!
You rock!
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, invalid page, sony-505