Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
James Wood
James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
The Marriage Challenge - Marriage Enrichment/Relationship Help

If you're looking for a way to start of your year right and improve your marriage, this book is for you. Most marriages aren't falling apart, they just need a bit of help to improve. The conversations in this book give you the framework to build the best marriage you've ever had.

Description:
Marriage is hard work, but worth it.
The challenge is to stop trying to avoid the frustration, pain and discouragement of marriage. Too often we focus on how to not be a bad spouse, how to not hurt feelings, how to not get in trouble. But then our focus is entirely on what NOT to do.
Instead, shift your focus. Look at what you want to do, embrace the joy, encouragement and challenge of marriage. This book offers one conversation a week, for an entire year, to help you move toward a better marriage. You can’t change everything about your marriage overnight, but, working a bit at a time, you can improve your marriage.
One hour a week for a conversation with your spouse can change your marriage from what not to do, into what you’ve always wanted. It won’t be easy, but it will be worth it.

Last edited by James Wood; 02-11-2012 at 02:04 PM.
James Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
CalmApparatus
Damien Darby
CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello Mr. Wood. My name is Damien.

I just wanted to stop by and give you my impression, because I know that we authors cherish reviews. They can be hard to come by.
First off just let me put this out there, I am 32 and never married. In fact, I have a horrid opinion of marriage that I will totally spare you from enduring.

The cover is perfect for your tone of writing, I mean perfect.
I think that your caring and passion are right out in the open. Your writing is dripping with sincerity.
The amount of positive stuff this work is going to put out there in the world is inspiring to imagine.
Finally, you have two things so far, so you are already a success. A mate, and friends that took the time to leave reviews.
You're doing well, and 2012 is going to be a great year for you. I wish you nothing but the best with your book sir.

Cheers

--Damien

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-26-2012 at 10:40 AM.
CalmApparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #3
James Wood
James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'James Wood knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Damien,
Thanks so much for the review and the kind words. Being new to this whole thing is a little scary, but it's great to have support and advice.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I read your sample and it looks like a great book. My partner and I are about to move in together and this interests me a lot. However, he is not into self-help books as a concept and I don't think I could get him to read the book too. Can this book be helpful even if he doesn't read it? It was not clear from the very short sample whether one person can guide the conversation without the other one reading the whole thing. I think he'd be okay with having the conversations, he just wouldn't want to sit through the book as a reading project for himself.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
James Wood

You could absolutely benefit from the conversations without both of you reading the book. Each conversation has about three paragraphs of information on the topic and then about three conversation starters (usually in the form of question). You could read the topic and then use the conversation starters over dinner, or even use your own questions inspired by the topic.

The whole idea is to get you and your partner talking about topics that will benefit your relationship. In that way, it's not a typical self-help book. I believe that you and your partner are the experts on your relationship. My wife and I put this book together to help good relationships get better, because you're awesome.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
James Wood

Just a heads up, on March 1st we're going to be starting a group discussion on the book over at the Facebook Page. If you want some encouragement and company as you go through the Marriage Challenge, head over and Like the page.

Tags
conversation, love, marriage, relationship, romance