Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #16
icecreamassassin
icecreamassassin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You can mark the ticket as private.
I'm not seeing how to mark as 'private'. It's not the 'This bug is a security vulnerability' thing, is it?
icecreamassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
look in the top right area.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #18
icecreamassassin
icecreamassassin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
look in the top right area.
All I see in the top right corner is a link to my launchpad account and the logout button. This is the case in Opera, Chrome, and Firefox.

As a (potentially useless) data point, I just tried opening the offending ePub in Sigil, reducing it down to one chapter, and replacing the text with a Lorem Ipsum while retaining all the tags that appeared in the original ePub. I left the stylesheet and xpgt untouched.

I imported into Calibre and sent to my device. The formating was similar to the offending ePub (that is, large margins). I did an ePub->ePub conversion, noted that the log file did have a reference to removing Adobe margins, and loaded it onto my device. The large margins were indeed gone.
icecreamassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:18 PM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Look for the text "This report is public" and change it to private
Old 05-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #20
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sorry for replying to such an old thread. I found it with Google...

Same issue for me; for several books from the StoryBundle Fantasy Bundle (the Christopher Bunn ones), my reader gave me huge margins even after conversion, which wouldn't go away despite all filtering in Calibre. Using the Tweak Epub feature, I finally found this page-template file to be the culprit; deleted it and all is well.

In the content.opf it's specified like so:

Code:
<item href="OPS/page-template.xpgt" id="pagetemplate" media-type="application/adobe-page-template+xml"/>
the media type differs from the one calibre is looking for. It SHOULD be application/vnd.adobe-page-template+xml but apparently, the ADE reader software itself isn't picky about it.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Thanks, I've added the incorrect mime-types.

Tags
ade, calibre, kobo, margins, page-template.xpgt