Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 02:18 AM   #106
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Today's lunch; Okonomiyaki!! Some guidebooks call it the Japanese Pizza,
but it's more of a savory pancake filled with shrimp, pork, squid, cabbage,
scallions, etc., fried on a grill that is part of your table, and served with a
tangy terriyaki sauce, mayo, flaked bonito, and powdered seaweed on top!!
It's delicious, cheap and filling, making it a popular college student food!
Today's restaurant served it with a side of Takoyaki, octopus dumplings!

Goooood stufffffffff...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:29 AM   #107
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
eh! terriyaki is too sweet to much ofthe time!!!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2010, 02:52 AM   #108
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Today's lunch; Okonomiyaki!! Some guidebooks call it the Japanese Pizza,
but it's more of a savory pancake filled with shrimp, pork, squid, cabbage,
scallions, etc., fried on a grill that is part of your table, and served with a
tangy terriyaki sauce, mayo, flaked bonito, and powdered seaweed on top!!
It's delicious, cheap and filling, making it a popular college student food!
Today's restaurant served it with a side of Takoyaki, octopus dumplings!

Goooood stufffffffff...

Stitchawl
We have had that (okonomiyaki) at the local Eumundi Markets:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lilcrabbygal/2632550173/
(Not my photos)

It's served there take-away, so not a lot of trimmings, but it was very good when I had it.

And now I want to go to Eumundi on Saturday.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #109
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
We have had that (okonomiyaki) at the local Eumundi Markets:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lilcrabbygal/2632550173/
(Not my photos)

It's served there take-away, so not a lot of trimmings, but it was very good when I had it.
It's a very popular 'take-away' food, also popular at street fairs.

Quote:
And now I want to go to Eumundi on Saturday.

Cheers,
Marc
What time should we meet you?

Stitchawl
Old 08-19-2010, 08:51 AM   #110
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Hey, wait for me!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2010, 08:51 AM   #111
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
eh! terriyaki is too sweet to much ofthe time!!!
You're right, but I figured that no one would recognize okonomiyaki sauce. [It's thicker than teriyaki sauce and not so sweet.]

(It's like when Dickie Smothers yelled "Fire" when he fell into a vat of chocolate.)

Stitchawl
Old 08-23-2010, 06:09 AM   #112
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I want a good Italian sausage sandwich/hero/sub/hoagie call it what you will... I large French or Italian bread sliced open and stuffed with a couple of good spicy Italian sausages drenched in tomato sauce and topped with melted mozzarella cheese!

Can't buy it here. I guess I have to haul out the meat grinder and make up a batch of sausages. I bought some natural lamb casings just in case of such an emergency. I usually don't stuff my sausages, preferring to use it as bulk sausage for lasagna and other pasta dishes, but for a sandwich, it's just gotta be done right!
4 lbs very lean pork
1 lb. hard pork fat
Fennel seed
crushed black pepper
paprika
salt
crushed red pepper
marjoram
crushed rosemary
thyme
nutmeg
cayenne

Mouth bliss....

Stitchawl
Old 08-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #113
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I am craving eggs.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #114
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I am craving eggs.
Chicken? Quail? Duck? Sturgeon? Salmon? Turtle?
(Do you know how to prepare a 'Rootie Kazootie' Egg sandwich?)

Stitchawl
Old 08-25-2010, 09:58 AM   #115
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No one is eating chicken eggs because of the recall.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #116
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Only in the US. There seems to be a couple of other countries out here. Raw eggs are still served daily in Asia, and without ever once seeing the inside of a refrigerator! (I'll admit that really had me freaked out when I first left the US!)

Stitchawl
Old 08-26-2010, 02:05 AM   #117
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
I've fielded so many calls about that at work it's not funny,. and our eggs are safe.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:40 AM   #118
happy_terd
Banned

A lot of rotten eggs got into Ca.

I do not think I am going to take my chances.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:41 AM   #119
happy_terd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Only in the US. There seems to be a couple of other countries out here. Raw eggs are still served daily in Asia, and without ever once seeing the inside of a refrigerator! (I'll admit that really had me freaked out when I first left the US!)

Stitchawl
lol

If I say no bar is open after 10 pm would you think I was talking about the whole world or just where I was at?

------------------

I will just tag on "...in America" after every reference.

I am going to bed...in America. Good night all.

Last edited by happy_terd; 08-26-2010 at 02:46 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:11 AM   #120
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
lol

If I say no bar is open after 10 pm would you think I was talking about the whole world or just where I was at?

I would think I don't want to be where you are!!

Stitchawl