Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Can't Install 0.9.10

I have tried twice to update from 0.9.8 to 0.9.10 and each it appears to install ok but when it tries to "Run" after clicking on "Finish" after a few seconds I get an error message window.

It says "Failed to load Progress Indicator plugin: DLL load failed:This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect......"

I used Win Add/Remove to uninstal it plus deleted a Calibre folder manually that contained plugins, etc in the Application Data folder I believe.

I then reinstalled 0.9.8 ok, and then tried to update to 0.9.10 again but same result ?

my computer runs Win XP...
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Calibre Error.bmp (162.2 KB, 208 views)

Last edited by mXb; 12-14-2012 at 08:10 PM.
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look in your windows event log, it will have more information about what the error is. It is likely a dll conflict of some kind.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your reply.

Tried that but info way past my pay grade, so looks like I'm stuck using 0.9.8.

Thanks anyway...
Old 12-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post
Thanks for your reply.

Tried that but info way past my pay grade, so looks like I'm stuck using 0.9.8.

Thanks anyway...
If you copy and paste the log info here, someone might be able to help you figure out what the problem is.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
mXb
Addict

Thanks for the offer Loosheesh, but it's only my XP back-up computer.

So long as I don't have a problem updating my Win 7 to 0.9.10 I'll be ok...
Advert