Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #16
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I'll nominate Modern Fiction.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #17
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I'll third Banned or Challenged books.

Hey....I love a challenge....

edit: the link to my 'currently reading' didn't work. I fixed it, excuses....

Last edited by desertblues; 02-18-2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: non-working link
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #18
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I will 2nd Young Adult, Free For All and Modern Fiction.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #19
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I'll third Free For All.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #20
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Short Stories for me! Is that a third?
Humor as well I think that's a second.
Short Stories received its "3rd" from Hamlet53. So you have one nomination slot back.
Advert
Old 02-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #21
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll nominate Fantasy. It would be nice to have Science Fiction and Fantasy back to back.

I'll nominate MobileRead Classic (must be in the MobileRead library). It should be at least 50 years old.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I will nominate Classics where the book has to have been written after WWII and the author is still alive at the time of the initial nomination. So no dead authors are allowed and no really old and obsolete stories.

I will second Fantasy.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I'll nominate Modern Fiction.
Is this the same as Modern Literature in that the books have to have been originally written in the last 10 years and no republished versions?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #24
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
I'll nominate Fantasy. It would be nice to have Science Fiction and Fantasy back to back.
Great way to kill interest in the bookclub for those who aren't into this.

Quote:
I'll nominate MobileRead Classic (must be in the MobileRead library). It should be at least 50 years old.
You do know that some of the books uploaded are not legally available to people outside Canada and the other life+50 countries, right?
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
This won't fly. Legally they have to be 70 years old for those of us from the US to be able to download them. Please consider dropping this one.

Last edited by JSWolf; 02-18-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:33 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Great way to kill interest in the bookclub for those who aren't into this.
What about all the other categories that are not of interest to others that have already been nominated? Same deal.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #27
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I'll 3rd Young Adult and nominate Historical Fiction.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #28
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I will nominate Classics where the book has to have been written after WWII and the author is still alive at the time of the initial nomination. So no dead authors are allowed and no really old and obsolete stories.
To be clear: Is this a serious nomination?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #29
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Is this the same as Modern Literature in that the books have to have been originally written in the last 10 years and no republished versions?
No, it is not.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #30
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post

You do know that some of the books uploaded are not legally available to people outside Canada and the other life+50 countries, right?
Quote:
This won't fly. Legally they have to be 70 years old for those of us from the US to be able to download them. Please consider dropping this one.
I didn't mean to imply that you HAD to download them from MR. And I didn't mean to encourage anyone to violate copyright.

I would hope that the nomination would be at least life +70, OR, would be available through libraries, but that seemed too complicated to convey in a category nomination.

Last edited by John F; 02-18-2013 at 09:56 AM.