Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
kittymum
kittymum began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Angry Touch screen not working

I turned on my kobo this morning and when I pressed on the book I was reading nothing happened. Having turned it off and on it was still the same. I tried syncing it but still no joy so having read through this forum managed a factory reset using the home/on-off button. At this point I cannot choose a language as the touch screen is still not working. I have resynced (sorry made up word) it, reset it, recharged it and cannot do anything further.

So I tried phoning customer services on the number on the kobo help website and go through to Scottish Power

At this point I am highly frustrated so have left it sulking in a corner (me and the kobo)!

Has anyone else had the same problem or can anyone give me a phone number for customer services.

Cheers!!
kittymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Do you mean that the screen is displaying as normal, but not accepting touch input at all? I'd try just one more full charge then full factory reset (you never know...), and then if you can't get satisfaction on the phone, try emailing kobo executive care.

There's a discussion on the phone number/Scottish Power issue here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...scottish+power
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
kittymum
kittymum began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
It is fully charged and has had 3 complete factory resets at this point. It was showing a normal screen but would not accept any touch input at all. It now shows select language which I cannot do so I know the reset has worked but the touch screen has failed.
kittymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
I've had that happen to me several times lately. Some lightish tapping on a concrete floor has fixed it. Which means that somewhere there is a loose connection and I should consider exchanging it for another.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote