Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2015, 11:55 AM   #541
RobertJSawyer
Addict
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Aura, Glo, Touch, Mini; Kindle 3, Nook 1st ed.
To answer my own question: I have now successfully installed build 13 on a Kobo Aura (regular, not HD) with firmware 3.19.5613; it works fine.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 02:40 PM   #542
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kobo Glo
hi,

All is ok too on my GLO (not HD) model with 3.19.5761 and night mode build 13.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:38 AM   #543
Porthos
Porthos began at the beginning.

Night mode stopped working on my Glo yesterday. I can't read comfortably in dim light without it.
Porthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:59 PM   #544
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Hi Pothos,

I've upgrade your firmware just before? Indeed when you upgrade your firmware you have to re install night mode after...

1. Try to re install it.
2. Give us your kobo model with the version of your firmware.

Last edited by akorx; 01-18-2016 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:42 AM   #545
akorx
Addict

Pothos,

You don't answer ... you have found a solution?
Old 01-29-2016, 01:02 AM   #546
Porthos
Porthos began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Pothos,

You don't answer ... you have found a solution?
Yes thanks. I put it back on the device and it worked again. Didn't know it would be that easy. The previous time this happened and I put it back on there it caused a factory reset.

This is my first e-reader. It is interesting, without the light on in day time it's hard to read without really bright natural light (more than needed for a paper book). But with the light on at night it is too bright for me even at the lowest setting. So thank goodness for this night mode hack!
Porthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:44 PM   #547
jakob91
jakob91 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Hi guys, just bought a Kobo Glo HD and was very deceived that the night mode isn't a basic feature in the firmware so I searched on the web and found your nice hack. However, it's not working for me so far, I've extracted the koboroot.tgz from the install folder and uploaded the koboroot.tar to the .kobo folder of the device, unplugged, rebooting, and nothing seem to have changed. Holding the home or light icon doesn't seem to do the trick. I also tried uploading the koboroot.tgz just in case later on but ended up with the same result.

Any suggestions would be welcome!
jakob91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:11 PM   #548
melodyh
melodyh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Also not working on Kobo Glo HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakob91 View Post
Hi guys, just bought a Kobo Glo HD and was very deceived that the night mode isn't a basic feature in the firmware so I searched on the web and found your nice hack. However, it's not working for me so far, I've extracted the koboroot.tgz from the install folder and uploaded the koboroot.tar to the .kobo folder of the device, unplugged, rebooting, and nothing seem to have changed. Holding the home or light icon doesn't seem to do the trick. I also tried uploading the koboroot.tgz just in case later on but ended up with the same result.

Hi!

I'm in just the same boat as Jakob91...new Kobo Glo HD and SUPER excited about this hack. Did everything he did with the same (non) result. My Kobo Glo HD is running firmware 3.19.5761 (OeO28f3185, 12/29/15). No updates seem to be available for me (I'm in Canada).

Could you please tell me what I'm missing? Thanks a ton!

Melody : )
melodyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:47 AM   #549
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
delete

Last edited by tshering; 02-16-2016 at 04:07 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:08 PM   #550
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim knows the square root of minus one.Anghirrim knows the square root of minus one.Anghirrim knows the square root of minus one.Anghirrim knows the square root of minus one.Anghirrim knows the square root of minus one.Anghirrim knows the square root of minus one.Anghirrim knows the square root of minus one.Anghirrim knows the square root of minus one.Anghirrim knows the square root of minus one.Anghirrim knows the square root of minus one.Anghirrim knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakob91 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyh View Post
Hi!

I'm in just the same boat as Jakob91...new Kobo Glo HD and SUPER excited about this hack. Did everything he did with the same (non) result. My Kobo Glo HD is running firmware 3.19.5761 (OeO28f3185, 12/29/15). No updates seem to be available for me (I'm in Canada).

Could you please tell me what I'm missing? Thanks a ton!

Melody : )
Hi both,

It's the KoboRoot.tgz file that you have to copy in your .kobo folder. You don't need to extract the .tgz.
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 01:41 PM   #551
melodyh

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghirrim View Post
Hi both,

It's the KoboRoot.tgz file that you have to copy in your .kobo folder. You don't need to extract the .tgz.
Yes, that's just what I did. Opened the "installer" folder in build 13, dragged the KoboRoot.tgz file into the folder .kobo on my Kobo Glo, and safely ejected the Kobo. My Kogo then restarted.

There is a nightmode.ini file that shows this text:

# config file for kobo-nightmode

[state]
invertActive = no # yes / no
retainStateOverRestart = yes # yes / no

[control]
longPressDurationMS = 800 # time in milliseconds to toggle (1000 = 1 second)

[nightmode]
refreshScreenPages = 0 #force refresh every X pages

Am I supposed to change any of these settings to make it work? (FYI...I tried simply changing invertActive to yes, and...of course...it puts it into permanent night mode).

There still must be something I'm missing. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Old 02-26-2016, 03:34 PM   #552
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Melodyh, how are you activating the night mode? I believe you need to use the light slider for the Glo HD:

Bring up the light brightness slider (tap on the light in the top menu)
Slide the slider to 100% and wait 15 seconds

Nightmode should than toggle. Good luck.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:44 PM   #553
melodyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Melodyh, how are you activating the night mode? I believe you need to use the light slider for the Glo HD:

Bring up the light brightness slider (tap on the light in the top menu)
Slide the slider to 100% and wait 15 seconds

Nightmode should than toggle. Good luck.
Thanks for the response, John!

Unfortunately, all that happens when I slide the brightness to 100% is that I have 100% brightness! I tried sliding and waiting with the brightness window open for 15 seconds, I tried sliding and holding my finger down on the toggle at 100% for 15 seconds, I have tried everything.

What other information can I provide on here that will help me trouble shoot why it won't work? Thanks in advance!

Melody
Old 02-26-2016, 06:27 PM   #554
jscris
Zealot
jscris is kind to children and small, furry animalsjscris is kind to children and small, furry animalsjscris is kind to children and small, furry animalsjscris is kind to children and small, furry animalsjscris is kind to children and small, furry animalsjscris is kind to children and small, furry animalsjscris is kind to children and small, furry animalsjscris is kind to children and small, furry animalsjscris is kind to children and small, furry animalsjscris is kind to children and small, furry animalsjscris is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: k1 through KV, iphones, ipads, kobo aura h20
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyh View Post
Thanks for the response, John!

Unfortunately, all that happens when I slide the brightness to 100% is that I have 100% brightness! I tried sliding and waiting with the brightness window open for 15 seconds, I tried sliding and holding my finger down on the toggle at 100% for 15 seconds, I have tried everything.

What other information can I provide on here that will help me trouble shoot why it won't work? Thanks in advance!

Melody
Try 3% instead of 100%.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 06:43 PM   #555
MGlitch
Addict
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Nook Glowlight
I believe that since you're using the Glo HD you'll need to use a different method to utilize Night Mode.

It should be fairly easy to do, I've just not done it on my H2O, instructions can be found here.

Or you downloaded the build13 but not the H2O build13 (which is what your Glo HD would also use) instructions for that can be found here.

Last edited by MGlitch; 02-26-2016 at 07:00 PM. Reason: added build13 H2O information
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch