Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-09-2013, 11:47 PM   #121
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Yeah I use that about twice a day I reckon. Toggle SS. very handy for those "No Dont Close" moments
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #122
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
GPG: Until knc1 adds my public key to http://drpbox.knetconnect.com/mr-keys/ , I will leave it attached to this post. Both the tar.gz and the zip file are signed by me with their corrosponding file. Sorry for the ".txt" file extension, simply remove the ".txt" after download to verify the downloads.
Done.
http://drpbox.knetconnect.com/mr-keys/
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #123
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Thank you.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #124
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Should perform just as normal. You should put the PW to sleep though when you are done reading for a while. With ~ds the only way to put the PW to sleep is by making it go to white screen sleep mode by pushing the power button for a while until screen becomes white.

The same thing can be done in KUAL with the helper extension. For enable/disable screensaver. But then if you already installed KUAL, you might as well get my Light Toggle. Then you can turn off the light, and the PW will still go to sleep after 10 minutes. (see post #116 above)
Did some tests, and when enabling ~ds the battery drains faster than with it disabled.
Battery drain in one month just showing the screen saver, is about as much, as with ~ds enabled in one week.

In one week my battery went from 100% to ~25%; while before it would run months on the screensaver (unused). In fact, I don't think I ever gotten the battery as empty as 25%.

Just letting you know guys, seems like ~ds keeps something active.
Perhaps like you say, the whole CPU unit remains on-line, while without it, the device actually goes into sleep mode.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:57 AM   #125
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Did some tests, and when enabling ~ds the battery drains faster than with it disabled.
Battery drain in one month just showing the screen saver, is about as much, as with ~ds enabled in one week.

In one week my battery went from 100% to ~25%; while before it would run months on the screensaver (unused). In fact, I don't think I ever gotten the battery as empty as 25%.

Just letting you know guys, seems like ~ds keeps something active.
Perhaps like you say, the whole CPU unit remains on-line, while without it, the device actually goes into sleep mode.
Did you try that with white - screen sleep mode? If it was turned on unused for a whole week that would be pretty darn good. With ~ds it will not go to low power sleep mode by itself.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #126
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I left my book open, and closed my magnetic lid.
However the results can also be affected by the newer OS.
Mine came with 5.3.2 and now it has 5.3.3.

Battery is worse than before. Before I could open a book, close the lid, for a few months have charge.

How do I re-enable the screensaver? es doesn't seem to work...
Old 02-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #127
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
ss ? I remember asking this myself
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #128
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
I left my book open, and closed my magnetic lid.
However the results can also be affected by the newer OS.
Mine came with 5.3.2 and now it has 5.3.3.

Battery is worse than before. Before I could open a book, close the lid, for a few months have charge.

Hmm...
Just how long have you had this Kindle?

They haven't been out long enough for you to have done more than 1 or 2 "for a few months" tests.

And according to your info block on the left, you don't even have a Kindle.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #129
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
To enable screensavers again go to settings, menu -> restart. Are you even reading what I am writing here? The whole point of disabling the screensavers is, so you can still read your book with the front light completely turned off. So opening your book, and then simply closing your cover, is doing one thing and one thing alone: it will turn off the light. If you have screensavers disabled, you can still put your PW to sleep by pressing the power button for a little while (about 4 to 6 seconds) to put the PW to sleep. You will know that it is asleep by the white screen (white on white, nothing showing). If you had the magnet on the switch so you could read, then before pushing the button, you have to remove the magnet, so you can enter white screen sleep mode.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:37 AM   #130
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Hmm...
Just how long have you had this Kindle?

They haven't been out long enough for you to have done more than 1 or 2 "for a few months" tests.

And according to your info block on the left, you don't even have a Kindle.
I had mine just before new years.
And no, not that much time to test, but I've never seen the battery indicator below 75% in my first 1,5 months.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:39 AM   #131
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Quote:
To enable screensavers again go to settings, menu -> restart. Are you even reading what I am writing here? The whole point of disabling the screensavers is, so you can still read your book with the front light completely turned off. So opening your book, and then simply closing your cover, is doing one thing and one thing alone: it will turn off the light. If you have screensavers disabled, you can still put your PW to sleep by pressing the power button for a little while (about 4 to 6 seconds) to put the PW to sleep. You will know that it is asleep by the white screen (white on white, nothing showing). If you had the magnet on the switch so you could read, then before pushing the button, you have to remove the magnet, so you can enter white screen sleep mode.
Actually the restart does not re-enable the screensaver anymore.
In fact, the password never shows up anymore with me, after doing that ~DS thing.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:00 AM   #132
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I had mine just before new years.
And no, not that much time to test, but I've never seen the battery indicator below 75% in my first 1,5 months.
My Kindle Touch will, if not used, drain its battery flat in about a month. It's always been like that. That's with WiFi/3G off.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:13 AM   #133
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Actually the restart does not re-enable the screensaver anymore.
In fact, the password never shows up anymore with me, after doing that ~DS thing.
That I cannot replicate. Just tried on 5.3.3 - and restarting device WILL enable screensavers again when disabled with ~ds. I knew it did on 5.3.1 as well. I don't have a lock screen though - why bother. If someone wants to steal it, they can always bypass the lock-screen and reset the kindle. Valuable data? Sure if they insist on stealing my book, they may as well have fun reading it too.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:25 AM   #134
ProDigit
Karmaniac

I don't have many amazon books. Most are personal books (PDF's or mobi).
Old 02-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #135
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@twobob or @duckietigger

I'm diving into KUAL today (so very COOL!) and noticed that the FLtoggle extension has yet to be added to the KUAL extensions list ....is this due to ongoing testing / stability checking or accidental oversight?...basically, is it okay to use on a PW as it stands now? Thanks!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote