Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #1
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
W1070 X86 MID from Wirelession?

I am very interested in the W1070 X86 MID from Wirelession. Does anyone here have one of these yet? Is there a review anywhere? Does it come with XP or Win7? I am very interested to hear from anyone who has one of these, need some feedback. This looks like it might be the device I have been searching for. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
cbone
Enthusiast
cbone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Android phone, waiting for my Kno
These have been around for a while. The part that sucks is everyone wanting to use that stupid 1.6 GHz N270 Atom. The 2 Hour battery life duds these out of contention and would be worse with Windows 7 (for now).
cbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I really don't mind the Atom, my Samsung netbook has one and it performs very well. I was not aware that the W1070 has a 2-hour battery life, that is much too short (my Samsung lasts about 7 hours). Are there any reviews on this device anywhere, I just can't seem to find one.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
CyGuy
Avid Reader

I suppose I should have included a link to the product:
http://www.wirelession.com/products_...?cid=108&id=85

Old 01-08-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
Dvalin21
Zealot
Dvalin21 began at the beginning.

Device: VS Gtablet/Zenithink/GS II T-Mobile
CyGuy,

I to am interest in that product as well. I talked to Kathy and she told me that XP and 7 could be installed on the product, but I believe XP is the default install.
Dvalin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #6
CyGuy
Avid Reader

I honestly don't mind if it comes loaded with XP. I just want to see a review of this device, and some better pictures. Anyone?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:07 PM   #7
Dvalin21
Zealot

I'm more interested in this one now, seeing how its 10" and cost less then others that are 7 to 8.9". Also this has an actual SATA HDD of 160 also upgradable to 250gb. The question, does the HDD include the OS as well or does that have to be flashed? Either way if you want more room it has 3 usb ports so you can attach a External HDD. Which makes up my mind on what i want. Ill be ordering this one before April. If it hasn't been sent to anyone yet before then, when I get it Ill let you guys know all the good stuff. http://wirelession.com/products_view.asp?cid=108&id=90

Last edited by Dvalin21; 01-11-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #8
CyGuy
Avid Reader

That is the W1120. I briefly looked at that one too, but the bezel is just too large for me. I need the front to be almost all screen.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #9
Dvalin21
Zealot

The only thing is I just need to know where would I go if I wanted to order the W1120? I don't see it being advertised anywhere else. 359 is not a bad price!!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #10
Dvalin21
Zealot

I found a little more information about the W1120. The website says that the device can only max out on HDD space at 250gb, actually its 500gb. Also the ram is DDR2 667 or you can use 533. Wish there was a nice leather case for it.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #11
Dvalin21
Zealot

Here is a link to the uploaded Video Demo of the W1120. Everyone enjoy. Many thanks to Lencho Lee from Wirelession.com for the video. http://www.tudou.com/player/outside/...rt=false&rurl=
Old 04-26-2010, 04:05 AM   #12
nor11wan
nor11wan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Dvalin21,have you got the W1120 already??would like to know your
personal experience at using this device (W1120)
also from where did you order it from??and the cost
tks.
nor11wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #13
Dvalin21
Zealot

Nor11wan,

I would love to say that my experience with the device was great, but it was more of a head ache. The prices with shipping was 420 and I got it from www.wirelession.com. Lencho Lee is an awesome guy. Anyway, its not a multi touch, althrough it is a touch screen. Its a little heavier than I would have like, but it does have the 2.5 in harddriver in there, which is more likely the reason why the battery life was about an hour long. Basic functions worked well, but the fan was a little noisy, the power cord is huge. It was a great idea, but not fully worked out. I would have to say the biggest draw backs was the battery life, the weight, and I had a little trouble loading a new OS onto the system. OH!! The website says it uses 667 DDR2 ram, which in fact it uses DDR2 800. It will not gear down if you use the 667, you will get crash after crash after crash. OH and becareful if you decide to get it. When my device arrived the screen was cracked! The company did send me a new screen, which it was my first ever replacement of an LCD screen lol. I was a little nervous. Anyway, if you need anything more specific let me know. Take care.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:34 AM   #14
nor11wan
nor11wan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi there,Davlin21,thanks for that detailed write-up,with my limited
technical IT knowledge I don't think I can handle half of what you
experienced,and the battery life is far too short for my usage.I have no
objection to Apple products,but the Ipad is not my object of desire,will
have to wait for HP or Dell to put their devices on the market
nor11wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:42 AM   #15
Dvalin21
Zealot

Nor11wan,

No problem at all. I would suggest looking out for a device that is going to use SSD (Solid State Drive). This for one would cause less battery drain than a regular Hard Drive. This is because the SSD doesn't have a spinning disk. This could help save on battery life, but the device may cost a lot more due to this. Let me know if you need anything else.