Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #1
DaveinJapan
Enthusiast
DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.

Device: iPhone
Question Best Timing for holiday ebook sales

Hey everybody. I was interested in getting some input on timing for book sales. I'm considering doing a promotional sale either sometime in December, or early in January. I'm guessing there must be an uptick in sales after Christmas, with so many people sporting new Kindle's and other devices, but at the same time I imagine there must be a lot of competition for that very reason. With that in mind, I'm thinking a pre-Christmas sale might be a good idea, but I'm not sure if it's worth it (will there be many people buying ebooks just before the holidays?). Any thoughts on this and other ideas about timing of sales (prices, best days of the week, etc...)?
I'm also looking into the new Amazon program, “Kindle Countdown” - I wonder if that might be useful although it's difficult to know whether or not it's worth it, and how many days it should be run, and all that sort of thing.
Any input and feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thoughts?
DaveinJapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I am told there is a spike of ebook sales that starts at Christmas, and heads in to beginning of Jan. So you would want to capture as much of that time as you could.

I am not in KDP Select so I have not bothered with looking into the new count down feature much but from the little I read I have not been impressed.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Is there a particular time of year that you see more sales than at other times with your own works VydorScope?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #4
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Is there a particular time of year that you see more sales than at other times with your own works VydorScope?
I do not have enough stats recorded yet to know. My guess is it will follow the market trends which is high point is week following Christmas... low point is summer time in USA.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
countdown, holiday, kindle, promotions, sales