Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Kindle for iPad extras...

I have a Kindle 3 and recently added an iPad 2 to the mix. Being a Kindle user, I, of course, installed the Kindle app. While I'm not big on reading long form materials on LCD screens, I do like the idea of having my materials available on both devices. Anyhow, I noticed a few things that are unique to the iPad version of the the Kindle app, which I've not seen in either the desktop nor the Android versions:

1) The home screen backdrop image changes at night... the kid's screen glows...

2) There is a feature that looks similar to what I've heard that the new K4 has which gives additional information about the book... plot points, who the characters are, etc... it's nice that you can turn on/off the spoilers, and feel safe checking up on how a character is without having to worry about reading too much.

Is there anything else unique to the iPad version that I've not discovered yet?
twowheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
That is pretty cool!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #3
baumgar
Banned
baumgar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cool, but I'm looking forward to Kindle fire. lol
baumgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:26 AM   #4
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
At night, not only does the home screen become dark, you get stars in the sky and the occasional shooting star. Of course, once the screen is cluttered with book covers, you won't see any of that.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:38 AM   #5
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I love the Kindle app on my iPad. I don't have a Kindle but I have bought a few Kindle books, technical books with lots of illustration that wouldn't be very practical to read on my Opus. I find that after setting the colors to Sepia and reducing the iPad's luminosity, it's not that bad for reading.

I hadn't noticed about the home screen image, it seems it changes according to the hour. The other day I looked at it in the early evening, it was already night outside but the Kindle seemed to have a sunset. I wonder what times it considers as nighttime, does it change with the season? And what if you're in the Southern hemisphere?
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert