Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Free eBook - Gryphon's Quest by Candace Sams

As part of Read an eBook week:

http://www.jasminejade.com/pm-4329-2...ons-quest.aspx

Book is available in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Reader, Mobipocket, Rocket Book, and HTML format.

Two caveats:

1. You have to register to download the book.

2. You can only download the book in ONE format. Even if you order it multiple times.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I'm surprised that is classed as "young adult" !!!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
Marysart
Member Retired
Marysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Why? Young adults need lovin' too...
Marysart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #4
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marysart View Post
Why? Young adults need lovin' too...

true - but what's your definition of 'young adult' - some of the books on the site are very steamy ....
Old 03-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
Marysart
Member Retired
Marysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
true - but what's your definition of 'young adult' -
Eh 18+? Of course, I'm not American so it might not mean that at all....
Marysart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #6
GeoffC

Ah, - Okay - definitions will, obviously, vary from country to country and also culture to culture, I was thinking more in lines of 15+...
Wonder what it would bein the USA, where this site may be located ?

The site states

"Romantica® is the name for the line of erotic romance novels published by Ellora’s Cave Publishing. Erotic romance is defined by us as: any work of literature that is both romantic and sexually explicit in nature. Within this genre, the main protagonists develop "in love" feelings for one another that culminate in a monogamous relationship.
Sex scenes must be described in graphic detail and explicit wording, not delicate euphemisms or purple prose
"
Old 03-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #7
PGP_Protector
Enthusiast
PGP_Protector doesn't litterPGP_Protector doesn't litterPGP_Protector doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
They sure want lots of info for a free download.
(Though the have no checking of valid data I see )
Phone numbers like 555-555-5555 and City = "Any City" work
PGP_Protector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #8
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
The book in question is certainly includes sex, although from what I skimmed it was not particularly steamy. I read far hotter stuff in the Clan of the Cave Bear books and I knew several girls who read thpse in High School. But I do agree this book is mislabled as "young adult".

Other than that I don't know anything about it. Fantasy romance, from what I gather. A little bodice ripper with gryphons and magic.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #9
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Based on what people are saying, this may be a bit too "romance" for me, but I'll look into it anyway. Free is fine with me.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #10
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Two caveats:

I was interested in trying the book until I saw how much information they want you to provide to register to "buy" a free book. It's one thing to ask for a name and e-mail address, it's quite another to require address and telephone number. I'm willing to give that information when I'm giving credit card information, but not at a website that may not offer anything I will want to buy in the future just to get a sample to try. I've decided to pass.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #11
BruceB
BruceB began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I was interested in trying the book until I saw how much information they want you to provide to register to "buy" a free book. It's one thing to ask for a name and e-mail address, it's quite another to require address and telephone number. I'm willing to give that information when I'm giving credit card information, but not at a website that may not offer anything I will want to buy in the future just to get a sample to try. I've decided to pass.
I wonder how many times "john doe" from "anytown usa" has downloaded the books.

If you want the book make up some information, none of it appears to actually be used, not even the email address
BruceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #12
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I joined, added the book to my cart, went to checkout, but couldn't fathom how to download the book. Any ideas?

Edit: sorted!

Last edited by BookCat; 03-09-2009 at 11:46 PM.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:43 PM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I joined, added the book to my cart, went to checkout, but couldn't fathom how to download the book. Any ideas?
When you're done checking out there's a link towards the bottom of the page that says download. It'll take you to a page where you can select your format.

They also send you an email with download instructions.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #14
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
A Second FREEBIE available on this site...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
As part of Read an eBook week:

http://www.jasminejade.com/pm-4329-2...ons-quest.aspx

Book is available in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Reader, Mobipocket, Rocket Book, and HTML format.

Two caveats:

2. You can only download the book in ONE format. Even if you order it multiple times.

While downloading this ebook yesterday, I also found another freebie book "Show & Tell", by Isabelle Drake.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #15
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post

Edit: sorted!

Each time I've gotten books from this site, they send an email with a receipt, and a second email with a link to download the book. That link takes you to their site, you log in, and ask for the download to start. I always SAVE it on my computer, in my "Digital Editions" file. Hope this helps!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote