Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-20-2014, 06:16 AM   #1
annieher
annieher began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505 (at the moment)
Unhappy Calibre frozen in middle of job

I made the mistake of trying to do a bulk transfer of 6 books from Calibre to my Sony reader. When I click on the whirling icon in the corner, the box comes up and reads 100% Progress but it's still whirling away. I try to stop the job but it comes up that you can't. I let it go for an hour or so but it still just kept going.
So I forced the disconnection.
Left it a few days. Tried again tonight and as soon as I went to the device library, it started again. It's been going for 1.5 hrs.
Obviously, it's frozen.
What do I do now?
thanks
annieher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:53 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Assuming you dont have anything on your reader you dont mind losing, try resetting it.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:21 PM   #3
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Assuming you have your device properly configured (and the calibre device driver too for that matter), most of the time when a Sony device seems to be frozen it is because some (or all) of the books you are sending are malformed somehow and Sony cannot index it (them) properly.

Turn-off your device and try epub-to-epub conversion with calibre of the books in question and resend them. It might do the trick.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:19 AM   #4
annieher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Assuming you dont have anything on your reader you dont mind losing, try resetting it.
It wasn't the device that was frozen. It was the Calibre program. As it turned it, I had to leave it for a couple of hours. When I finally got back, everything was back to normal.
I can remember it doing this before years ago when I tried to transfer more than one book at a time.
I've since done some more single transfers and it's been fine.
Who knows why it does this but I've learnt my lesson.
One book at a time.
thanks the reply.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:22 AM   #5
annieher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
Turn-off your device and try epub-to-epub conversion with calibre of the books in question and resend them. It might do the trick.
Don't really know why but it came good after an extended period (several hours). Tried a couple of individual transfers and it worked.
So I'm just going to leave it alone.
thanks for the reply.

Tags
bulk books, frozen, sony, transfer