Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
crutnacker
Connoisseur
crutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-books

Device: None
Prices

I was thinking of downloading I Sniper by Stephen Hunter for the Kindle. I noticed Amazon has it for $13 and some change while B&N has it for $9.99. Do I have any hope it will go down in the near future?
crutnacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
I dunno, but if the $3.01 in savings is worth the trouble to you, then you could always buy it from B&N, strip the DRM, and use mobigen/kindlegen to quickly render it as a mobipocket book for your Kindle.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutnacker View Post
I was thinking of downloading I Sniper by Stephen Hunter for the Kindle. I noticed Amazon has it for $13 and some change while B&N has it for $9.99. Do I have any hope it will go down in the near future?
It's a new release. Sometimes it takes a week or two for the price to drop. I just had to wait 2 weeks for a title to drop it's price (lower price as of today).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I've been quite intrigued with the book since I read this thread and finally bough it. I'm already halfway through. It's pretty good for its genre.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #5
crutnacker
Connoisseur
crutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-books

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboss View Post
I've been quite intrigued with the book since I read this thread and finally bough it. I'm already halfway through. It's pretty good for its genre.
His first books were great, the last few were giant snoozes. I've heard this one is good. Read any Lee Child?
crutnacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #6
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I'm also in the middle of reading it. It's pretty good, but yes it's hard to compete with his early works which were genius in the horror genre imo.

I still remember the creepy feeling that 'IT' gave me when I read it in my early teens. At 14 I had read all of King's work up to that time, great stuff.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #7
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
You must have fallen asleep, Fugazied, in the middle of large thoughts cause we aren't talking about Stephen King. But I agree, 'It' was creepy like hell.
Quote:
His first books were great, the last few were giant snoozes. I've heard this one is good. Read any Lee Child?
A few early novels. I'm not a big fan of the fast paced crime novels but I enjoyed Point of Impact from Hunter. Coincidentally, I picked it up after seeing the movie, Shooter, but I was not aware of the connection at the time. Good stuff.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote