Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-24-2004, 09:55 AM   #16
Unregistered
Nameless Being

I intend to reduce it down to something vaguely more understandable as I get to understand the algorithm better. But this way should at least produce the right output. The problem with doing it this way is that if i make a mistake it's going to a bitch to correct.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:00 AM   #17
Unregistered
Nameless Being

What decompiler did you use? Do you know what flavour assembly it was interpreting in?

--alex (i shoudl register probably)
Advert
Old 06-24-2004, 10:01 AM   #18
Unregistered
Nameless Being

...AND what do you wan't it in PHP for anyway?
Old 06-24-2004, 10:16 AM   #19
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Decompiler: IDA (Interactive Disassembler)

What do you mean by "flavour assembly"?

PHP can be used on a server, so we can check page's pageranks with a single click. Also, I hate seeing how people sell their "secret" script for hundreds of $$$, considering that Google could any time update their checksum algorithm with releasing a new toolbar.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:16 AM   #20
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Btw, you really should register here! Looks better than this "Unregistered" thing...
Advert
Old 06-24-2004, 04:42 PM   #21
alexstapleton
Enthusiast
alexstapleton doesn't litteralexstapleton doesn't litter

consider me registered. a PHP extension could be made using just the ASM stuff you realise. although that might be complex as it would mean having to hunt down my VS.NET CDs
alexstapleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 12:33 PM   #22
Unregistered
Nameless Being

Erm. Slight problem. The resulting number appears to be 36 bits long according to the . Yet we only have 32 bit registers. However the first digit is always a 6 (first 4 bits are always 1110) so im guessing theres some extra stuff going on not included in that assembly code (unless i'm being stupid.) For now i'm just going to add 60129542144 (1110 with 32 0's after it) to it, which i'm hoping should work. however if you wouldn't mind investigating the bit which actually produces the URL to see if anything else is going on it might be useful.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:54 PM   #23
alexstapleton
Enthusiast

upon further investigation they do not all start with 1110. they are however all 36 bits long. this is weird isnt it?
Old 06-25-2004, 02:21 PM   #24
doctorow
Guru

The assembler routine above is only the CORE of the algorith used. When the routines returns, you must first convert the content of eax from hex to decimal. After that, you must PREPEND "ch=6" (used by the latest toolbar version) to the number. So if eax return 12345678, converted to is 305419896, and the final checksum is ch=6305419896.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:21 PM   #25
doctorow
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Erm. Slight problem. The resulting number appears to be 36 bits long according to the . Yet we only have 32 bit registers. However the first digit is always a 6 (first 4 bits are always 1110) so im guessing theres some extra stuff going on not included in that assembly code (unless i'm being stupid.) .
You are definitely not stupid Great guesswork. See my post above!
Old 06-25-2004, 02:27 PM   #26
alexstapleton
Enthusiast

I think i've figured it out. Cunningly, they shuv a 6 on the start of the string. Problem solved.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:45 PM   #27
doctorow
Guru

Cool!

Will you post the finished script here? Best is to use the [ PHP ] [/ PHP ] tags (without spaces) and put the code inbetween. I am sure those people selling the algorithm will be somewhat upset
Old 06-25-2004, 04:01 PM   #28
alexstapleton
Enthusiast

lol its not ready yet! i think some code might be missing. can i talk to you on AIM or anything like that?
Old 06-25-2004, 04:18 PM   #29
doctorow
Guru

I PM you my AIM... will be online for the next 45 mins or so.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:31 PM   #30
alexstapleton
Enthusiast

OK i've kinda hit a wall and I don't know whats wrong. I have implemented a single codepath for the algorithm. I have implemented everything for ciphertexts which are a multiple of 12 in length. I think the answer may be additional post processing which isn't in the ASM code but I can't be sure. If people would please examine my source to see if i'm missing anything (other than the large empty switch) I would be grateful.