Old 11-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #841
RockFox
RockFox began at the beginning.

Device: Cool Reader
Detect headings / paragraphs in TXT fies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
New version:
TXT paragraphs / headings detections fixed for some types of TXT formatting.
I have two .TXT files and headings are detected in one file but only the first heading is detected in the other. I'm at a loss to figure out what the criteria is for Cool Reader to detect headings in TXT files. Help!
RockFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:16 AM   #842
rapega
rapega began at the beginning.

Device: PRS T1
extSDcard does not show for browse

Hi, I need some help.

I use Cool Reader 3.1.2-34.

I have my books on the SD card /storage/extSDcard, but under 'browse file system'
I only see /storage/sdcard0 and /storage/sdcard0/books.
It's on CM10.2 Android 4.3.

I once found a fix that works on my N5110, but I did not write it down.
(The N5110 ist on the delivered Android 4.1.2)
I am searching for 4 hours now, but I do not find it again, please help.

Thank you!

Ralf

Last edited by rapega; 11-26-2013 at 08:39 AM.
rapega is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #843
mightymouse2045
Enthusiast
mightymouse2045 began at the beginning.

Device: xoom
Try using mantano (epub only) or moon+ (epub & mobi)
mightymouse2045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #844
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapega View Post
Hi, I need some help.

I use Cool Reader 3.1.2-34.

I have my books on the SD card /storage/extSDcard, but under 'browse file system'
I only see /storage/sdcard0 and /storage/sdcard0/books.
It's on CM10.2 Android 4.3.

I once found a fix that works on my N5110, but I did not write it down.
(The N5110 ist on the delivered Android 4.1.2)
I am searching for 4 hours now, but I do not find it again, please help.

Thank you!

Ralf
You being on Cm 10.2 means you are probably rooted. Try foldermount app from the google play store. You can make folder links so that Android OS sees the sdcard as a folder or folder in sdcard as a folder.
This will give access to the sdcard for coolreader as well as any other app that require it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.fmount&hl=en

Last edited by Dopedangel; 11-26-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:04 AM   #845
rapega

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymouse2045 View Post
Try using mantano (epub only) or moon+ (epub & mobi)
I also use FBReader and moon+, I like both.

But I find flipping pages in epubs
ridicules wile the page size depends on the font.
With Cool Reader I can have the actual line always on tap.
I love that.

Thank you, Ralf

Any typo belongs to the finder.
Advert
Old 11-27-2013, 03:06 AM   #846
rapega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
You being on Cm 10.2 means you are probably rooted. Try foldermount app from the google play store. You can make folder links so that Android OS sees the sdcard as a folder or folder in sdcard as a folder.
This will give access to the sdcard for coolreader as well as any other app that require it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.fmount&hl=en
Yes, placing a symlink will do, that's true.

Thank you!

Ralf
Old 12-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #847
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
Coolreader intermittently crashes, and sometimes won't open books.

I'm using a Nexus 7 tablet running Android 4.4.2, build KOT49H

Coolreader is 3.1.2-34

Periodically, while reading and epub, at page flip I get a popup that Coolreader has stopped. I can usually restart it and it will come up some number of pages behind where I was. How many appears not to be consistent. I can generally refind my place and continue reading until it crashes again.

Also, Coolreader refuses to open some epub books. I can open them in Aldiko, Mantano, Moon, and FBreader, but some books will not open in CR. If I go into Calibre, convert the book from epub to fb2, save the fb2 version, convert that back to epub, and load the new epub on the Nexus using a different filename, it will usually open with no problem.

Neither of these is consistent, and I haven't seen any pattern in what will and won't open, or anything that appears to be different and would cause a crash.
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:10 AM   #848
ga6ri3l
ga6ri3l began at the beginning.

Device: android
booky

I know about aldiko and moon reader, but i also like booky, it's very fast browsing of book library, very simple, but with nice features, like amazon links, or wikipedia author page...

Only good for epub files, though...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ew.booky&hl=fr
ga6ri3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:36 AM   #849
arromdee
arromdee began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
Introductory Gutenberg Text

Question: When I get any epub from Project Gutenberg, the introductory text which explains Project Gutenberg is, on some readers such as Aldiko, in a different, fixed-width font than the book itself.

When I use Cool Reader, nothing I can do will get that text to display in a different font.

There is obviously some internal formatting which allows a reader to determine that there is something different about that text and display it differently--but I can't get Cool Reader to do it. Is this some kind of bug, or is there a way to show that text as different?

Most recent Cool Reader, Aoson M33 tablet running Android 4.2.2.
arromdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:28 AM   #850
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
If you care about formatting, you should probably use Mantano. Cool reader is pretty indifferent to formatting, from what I can tell.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:15 AM   #851
arromdee
arromdee began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
I just tried Mantano. It does indeed format that introductory text correctly, but images are always shown unscaled and on the left side of the screen and it has no options for image scaling.
arromdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:47 PM   #852
Cayo
Enthusiast
Cayo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cayo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cayo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cayo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
I'm also having problems with Cool Reader not being able to access the external sdcard on CM 10.2.

I would rather not use an app like FolderMount to get around this.

Can the developer fix Cool Reader so that it can read from the external sdcard?

For that matter, when I try to email the developer, I get bounceback errors. Is there an updated email address that anyone knows of?
Cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:52 PM   #853
Nova5
Enthusiast
Nova5 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
How can I have CR scan subdirectories? I don't want to manually scan every author folder. I used Calibre to upload the books to my Nook STG before rooting it. I can't tell if CR is really scanning the directory/books when I tell it to.. When I click Authors/Series/Title I get a list of items..

Recent Books
/media
Online catalogs
Find
Authors
Series
Titles

Or.. depending on CRs mood or some other reason.. I get sent to "/media". On my unrooted Galaxy S3 the Author/Title/Series icons function as expected. On the Nook.. they do not.

Last edited by Nova5; 01-11-2014 at 12:14 AM.
Nova5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #854
Nova5
Enthusiast
Nova5 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Apparently for CoolReader to scan them right they have to be on a MicroSD card not the Nooks internal memory.
Nova5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:39 AM   #855
filippo20
filippo20 began at the beginning.

Device: archos 7obreader
Hi,

how can one delete all the bookmarks for a book in Cool Reader?
Thanks in advance!

Filippo
filippo20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader