Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
bxrLvr
Connoisseur
bxrLvr doesn't litterbxrLvr doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
mobi book with links to other books for Kindle2

Is it possible to create a mobi book that has links to other books on the kindle2?
bxrLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Don't know, but if it is it could be very useful.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 04:21 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Why not try it and see? All the info is on the Mobi developer page.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
bxrLvr
Connoisseur

tried, mobipocket creator gave me an error that it could not resolve the hyperlinks.. and did not include the links in the document.

which mobi developer page are you referring to?
Old 03-08-2009, 07:03 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Here's some info that may help from the Mobipocket Developer Center...

http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...hyperlinks.htm
Quote:
Hyperlinks between different ebook files
Linking to another ebook

You use the oeb:redirect special URL to link to a different ebook. The syntax is:
<a href="oeb:redirect?title=DatabaseName">External Link</a>

Where DatabaseName is the database name of the target ebook file to open. Using oeb:redirect, you do not have to know the exact location of the taget ebook on the device provided it is accessible from the library of the Mobipocket Reader.
You can specify the database name of an ebook using the <DatabaseName> entry in <x-metadata> part of the OPF publication file or use the one automatically computed by PRCGen from the book title. PRCGen displays the database name when compiling an ebook file using the following message: Info(prcgen): The document identifier is: "...."

WARNING: the database name is not the title of the document!
Haven't had any time to mess with this yet, but standard links don't come through in a Calibre converted HTML, maybe the above mention 'special' links are what's needed.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 11:20 PM   #6
bxrLvr
Connoisseur

thanks for the info. just tried it and it worked great when i opened the prc file in mobipocket reader. however, when i copied the file to my kindle, their was no hyperlink on the text.

seem's like the kindle just ignores those links. other links in the document to other sections of the document work just fine.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
I found the same thing -- it worked in mobipocket, but not so much in the Kindle. Any thoughts on an Http loop around address that would refer back to the device?
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:16 PM   #8
LSM Developer
LSM Developer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Same issue.

Bump. Same problem. Anyone found a solution? Trying to link from commentaries to a Bible.
LSM Developer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:44 PM   #9
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
I'm going to try it tonight and see if I could find a solution.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:31 PM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I was over on Mobipocket looking for something else when I came across the answer to this problem.

The reason why it works in Mobipocket Desktop but not the Kindle is becuase the Kindle is based on the Java code and MobiDesktop is based on the C++ code. The Java version does not have support for this feature.

http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...File=cross.htm
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:50 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks, Nate. Very helpful!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #12
velusamys
velusamys began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I want to give link to the many different mobi books . i am using the Mobicreator Hyperlink .
<a onclick="open('oeb:redirect?title=Sample')">Sample s</a><br />
or
<a onclick="open('oeb:lilbrary?title=Sample')">Sample s</a><br />

Here sample => Database name of the Mobi file specified in the OPF file.

Its working fine in my machine.Sampe OPF file is moved to another system its not working.When i click the link it displays the error "Could not open" in the Emulator S/w and Kindle for PC.
velusamys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:40 AM   #13
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
As Nate the great said, the Kindle is based on the Java version of MobiPocket Reader which does not support Inter-book links, see Cross-platform feature support.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote