Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
rmn_cats
rmn_cats began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Nexus 7
Nyan Cat problem

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the following means; back story first though. I have the current version of Nyan Cat: Lost in Space on my phone and side loaded it to both my first generation Fire and my son's 7" HD Fire. In the past I had side loaded an older version of Nyan Cat on to my 1st Gen Fire and it worked with no problem. Several months ago, it stopped working, I think it just would no longer open, and I removed it from the Fire.

Anyway, currently, with both the Fires, Nyan Cat looks like it installs with ES File Explorer, but when I select open I just get the message "Download failed because resources could not be found." However, if I go into Applications -> Third Party Applications the app is listed as if it is there. My son also tells me that when he got NS: LIS from 1Mobile, he got the same message.

Can anyone tell me what "resources could not be found" means? Thank you very much for any information!
rmn_cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
iReaderReview
Banned
iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.

Device: kindle 2
rmn_cats, it probably means one of two things

Option 1: App didn't install properly. You'll have to uninstall and try to find the copy that's in the store (it's in the Kindle Fire Store now) and download that straight from the Kindle Fire Store.

Option 2: The phone App does some download or uses some file that's not available on the Kindle Fire.

It's in the Kindle Fire Store so you can just get it from there.
iReaderReview is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
rmn_cats
rmn_cats began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Nexus 7
Hi, and thank you iReaderReview for responding to my post. I just checked the Amazon store, and while they have Nyan Cat by Marc Ellis, the do not appear, to me anyway, to have Nyan Cat: Lost In Space by Istom Games which is the app that I was referring to. I agreee with you that there must be some requirement of the game that is not met by Kindle Fires.

Thanks again!
rmn_cats is offline   Reply With Quote