Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #106
gigiostars
gigiostars began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
I would recommend a factory reset. Turn off the touch first. Hold down the home button and then turn it back on while still holding down the home button. This should trigger a factory reset.
Power slide + light button to do the real hard reset, you hold them together until the beginning of the procedure, once made​​, use wi-fi or KOBO Desktop to update it (mandatory) and download the configuration (or redone everything goes as when it was new )
Old 07-02-2014, 09:07 PM   #107
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiostars View Post
Power slide + light button to do the real hard reset, you hold them together until the beginning of the procedure, once made​​, use wi-fi or KOBO Desktop to update it (mandatory) and download the configuration (or redone everything goes as when it was new )
Not for a "Touch". It doesn't have a light, so no light button. The factory reset is hold the "Home" button down while turning it on. Or hold the home button down and press the pinhole reset button.
Advert
Old 07-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #108
Flacux
Flacux began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch-Mini
N905 bricked...

Hello all!
Is there any way to recover a bricked kobo touch n905 (without sd card)?
None of the reset methods are working.
Any way to write the internal memory?

Thanks in advance.
(I hope you understand my bad english)
Old 03-21-2015, 10:47 PM   #109
Korta
Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Hi there,
I'm trying to fix a bricked Kobo Mini... I don't have Linux though. Is it possible on a Windows (8.1)? I'm fine getting the sd card out, just not sure what to do from there, and I would need the files. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it! (not even sure why it bricked, my buddy was using the kobo desktop to update it)
Thanks!
Old 03-21-2015, 11:17 PM   #110
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Korta: I have sent you a link to the image for the Mini. Have a look at Memory Upgrade Mod Guide for some instructions. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools apply to all the Kobo ereaders.
Advert
Old 03-22-2015, 10:10 AM   #111
Korta
Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Korta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you so much, davidfor!!! It worked fantastically!!!
Old 06-23-2015, 06:15 PM   #112
toeddi
toeddi began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch nc905c
HI! Can anyone send me the image for the N905C. I understand I need to buy a new sd card and play the image on it in order to bring kobo back to live...
Old 06-23-2015, 07:17 PM   #113
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeddi View Post
HI! Can anyone send me the image for the N905C. I understand I need to buy a new sd card and play the image on it in order to bring kobo back to live...
Someone should be along shortly to help you with the image, but you may not need buy a new SD card. Unless the image has been corrupted because the current SD card has had a hardware failure or you want to go to a larger memory you should be able to use the existing SD card.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:39 PM   #114
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

toedi: PM sent with the link. And as robko said, you don't have to get a new SD card. It is very likely that the current card is still OK. Writing to it and testing won't harm.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:14 PM   #115
birdbear
birdbear began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Hi gang, 3 years since the last post on this thread, but here's hoping someone (davidfor?) still has an sd image for a N905C. Bricked my Kobo Touch in a similar fashion to OP and others, and hoping that reloading the internal SD with a factory image will revive my reader. Cheers, thanks in advance!
Old 09-28-2018, 08:05 PM   #116
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

But, a very small amount of looking would have found a current thread for image requests. A thread that has been active in the last day or so.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:23 PM   #117
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'll lock this thread now that it's been bumped.
Closed Thread