Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-25-2020, 02:33 AM   #1
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
Voyage Collection List View Issue

I am hoping somebody can help with this problem. My previous Kindle was the Voyage, I now have a Kindle Oasis 3 2019.

With my old Kindle, I could load books via Calibre and be able to view them in list view, I could then select them and add to a collection, once I did that they were no longer visible. My problem with the Oasis is they stay visible. to me this is a nightmare when it comes to adding books, I have pages and pages of books to go through.

I really want to view it as I did with Voyage. List view showing all collections followed by all lose books, not in collections. Books in collections only visible within the collection.

What am I doing wrong?

Any assistance very much appreciated.
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 08:11 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
You need to select "Collection" in the "SORT" menu.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2020, 01:13 AM   #3
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
You need to select "Collection" in the "SORT" menu.
Unless I use the collection filter, no collections show, even when I select "Collection" in the sort menu If I use the "Collection" filter then no books show, unless you go into a folder.

Using my Voyage I could view all "Collections" in alphabetic order followed by all books, not in "Collections" directly after the "Collections" in order from most recent.

This made it extremely easy to load from Calibre. I could load to the kindle using Calibre then simply select the collection and add books. These books would then disappear from the main view.

I have vision issues so all books are given uniform names to make it easier to find the next book in a series ie "DI Natalie Ward 01 The Birthday"

The font size on the home page and within collections even with the larger font choice using Voyage is still difficult for me. So not being able to easily add back 100s of books is proving a nightmare.

I know I must be doing something wrong.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:44 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Are your collections only in the cloud, still? If it's a new device? You need to download some of the collections to be local, so that they do show up ahead of normal books. I forget quite how to download collections, but try long-pressing on a collection name (and maybe choosing download, if there are options given?)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 02:04 AM   #5
applesauce
Addict

Problem solved, it was a nightmare.

I had t delete all 107 collections from both the cloud and my Oasis. Then create the collections on my Oasis one be by one adding my books into them. I am just lucky I had only about 200 books loaded from calibre so far on the kindle.

I still 70+ collections to create and hundreds of books to add.

But being able to see my collections and just those books not already in my library makes the job so much easier.

A dream would one day being able to create a collection within Calibre and load to my kindle.

A big thank you to those who tried to help
Advert