Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-11-2011, 06:22 AM   #1
Jonnster
Jonnster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Duokan Screen Refresh Issue

I have installed Duokan to see if the improved PDF support is worthwhile. However, I have noticed that on going to the next page of a document it does not "clean out" the contents of the previous page properly. I can still see the previous page as a lighter grey underneath the current page (best I can describe it). This slowly gets worse the further into a document that I get.

Has anyone else experienced this and have a solution?
Jonnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Mark Rehorst
was engr, now dentist
Mark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle DXG
Open the settings menu. Look under the "pageturn" header- there is an option called "Full Refresh (Pages)" and a default setting of 3. That means that after three page turns it should do a refresh. You can set it to 1 to get it to refresh with each page turn.

I don't see any difference between the instant and normal default flip modes.
Mark Rehorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
I tried instant flipping on an epub file and was surprised at the speed of the refresh, it was nearly instant, but the problem of ghosting was apparent, and the text was a bit too light for my liking.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote