Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #1
gregf
gregf began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Book chapters out of order

Hi,

Chapters are in separate html files. I have created a toc file specifying the order.

In the ebook viewer within Calibre the TOC is correct with all the links working properly.

However the book chapters are out of order as I browse through the pages. Within each chapter are links to other chapters.

If I remove those links within the chapters the Book chapters are rendered in correct order.

I really need the links within the chapters.
Suggestions.
thanks,
Greg
gregf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to convert the book on the command line and use the --breadth-first option to make all links in the TOC file followed before links in the chapters.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
gregf
gregf began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
thank you
gregf is offline   Reply With Quote