Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #16
Nordis
Nordis began at the beginning.

Device: None
iBook blank pages

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv_dp_fan View Post
I updated to the latest version of iBooks recently and suddenly noticed that pretty much all my books converted through Calibre now had blank pages between every "chapter". Digging around I found that if I removed the css property "page-break-before: always", that the books went back to displaying the way they had before the update.

Now I have a lot of epubs to edit by hand to make them display as before but for new conversions, is there a way to tell Calibre to not use or set that property to a different value?

Thanks.
I have been dealing with the same problem. I created a book using Calibre and later edited with Sigil and it read very well in Stanza. However, hen I opened it in iBooks it created blank pages before each chapter, and often an extra page before some chapter titles.

The good news is that I followed your advise, removed the css property "page-break-before: always", and the problem disappeared.

Thanks a lot adv_dp_fan.
Nordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #17
netman49
Publisher
netman49 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-650, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordis View Post
I have been dealing with the same problem. I created a book using Calibre and later edited with Sigil and it read very well in Stanza. However, hen I opened it in iBooks it created blank pages before each chapter, and often an extra page before some chapter titles.

The good news is that I followed your advise, removed the css property "page-break-before: always", and the problem disappeared.

Thanks a lot adv_dp_fan.
When you use Calibre to generate your ePub books, it's good to know that since version 0.7.48 this problem is solved. Calibre does no longer add the "page-break-before" property automatically.
netman49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert