Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-03-2013, 03:39 AM   #1
Nella
Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Nook ST, KPW 1,3,4, Kobo Libra 2
DIY cover and sleeve

Maybe I'm a cheapskate but I really don't want to buy a cover whose price is half the price of the ereader. Lol.
So I decided to make one myself.
But ended up with 2

I made the flip cover using a desk calender and an old hoodie.
I considered using snap but I like that I can adjust the angle by tying the ribbon around the back.

The sleeve I made from an old skirt.

What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1277.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	98658   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1275.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	276.8 KB
ID:	98659   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1276.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	245.1 KB
ID:	98660   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1279.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	312.1 KB
ID:	98661   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1280.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	98662  
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Good job! Love both of them! Very creative!

Just a thought though:
When I make sleeves I try to not have anything hard on the side of the screen. (Thinking of that great looking buckle - LOVE it, by the way!). Just to be on the safe side. I really like the look of that closure though, so I might steal that idea but put the reader so the back is to the buckle. Or maybe a bit of padding... hmmm...
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2013, 05:48 AM   #3
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nella View Post
Maybe I'm a cheapskate but I really don't want to buy a cover whose price is half the price of the ereader. Lol.
So I decided to make one myself.
But ended up with 2

I made the flip cover using a desk calender and an old hoodie.
I considered using snap but I like that I can adjust the angle by tying the ribbon around the back.

The sleeve I made from an old skirt.

What do you think?

I think it's great that we have some talented people in this forum! And I think both your ideas and execution of them are wonderful! I made my sleeves for my Sony, and love seeing other people's ideas and work!
Karma-worthy, for sure!

EDIT: Say! What happened to all the karma I tried to add? Only 8 showed up!?! I certainly added more than that!

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 01-03-2013 at 05:52 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
EDIT: Say! What happened to all the karma I tried to add? Only 8 showed up!?! I certainly added more than that!
Good thing the ones I added now showed up! We can say half of them are from you!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
Nella
Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Nook ST, KPW 1,3,4, Kobo Libra 2
Thank you a lot Asawi and Stitchawl for the karma.

The sleeve was my first attempt. It was supposed to be padded but my measurement was off and it became too tight so I got rid off the padding and inner lining That's why I made the flip cover which is sturdier =)
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Nicely done, Nella.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #7
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Good thing the ones I added now showed up! We can say half of them are from you!
Thanks for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nella View Post
The sleeve was my first attempt. It was supposed to be padded but my measurement was off and it became too tight so I got rid off the padding and inner lining That's why I made the flip cover which is sturdier =)
That's the same reason why I have three different sleeves...
But the last two really work exactly the way I need them to. One is SUPER protective, guaranteed to stop anything smaller than a shoulder-fired missile, and perfect for long-distance traveling. The other is thinner, but protective enough for the usual bumps of crowded trains or buses.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote