Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Free Holiday Music from Amazon

Once again, Amazon is offering free Christmas songs. Last year, they offered a new free song every day until Christmas and all of the previous songs were still available for free download.

This year, Amazon is offering the free songs in groups of 5 songs every 5 days. The schedule is the 1st, 6th, 11th, 16th, and 21st of Dec. Unfortunately, the first two sets of 5 songs have come and gone; and they're no longer available for free download. Yesterday (11 Dec), the third set of 5 songs was released. You have until the 15th to download them.

25 Days of Free Holiday Songs -- 5th set (21~25 Dec)
  • The First Noel -- Lady Antebellum
  • O Come All Ye Faithful -- Phillips, Craig & Dean
  • Meet Me At The Mistletoe -- Dave Barnes
  • Winter Games -- Superchunk
  • Holy Holy -- Wye Oak

Also free for the holidays are the following

25 Days of Free Holiday Songs -- 4th set (16~20 Dec)
  • This Have I Done for My True Love -- Chanticleer
  • O Holy Night -- Rick Springfield
  • Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas -- Sister Hazel
  • Angels We Have Heard On High -- Brian McKnight
  • Deck the Halls -- Twisted Sister

25 Days of Free Holiday Songs -- 3rd set (11~15 Dec)
  • O Holy Night -- Go Radio
  • We Three Kings -- Justin A Wilson
  • The First Noel -- Neil Sedaka
  • Jingle Bells -- Brian Setzer
  • Santa Claus Is Back In Town -- James Durbin

25 Days of Free Holiday Songs -- 2nd set (06~10 Dec)
  • Angels We Have Heard On High -- Sara Groves
  • Little Drummer Boy -- Richard Marx
  • A Holiday Song -- Lisa Loeb
  • Christmas Unicorn -- Sufjan Stevens
  • Hark The Herald -- The Irish Tenors

25 Days of Free Holiday Songs -- 1st set (01~05 Dec)
  • Carol of the Bells -- Capital Kings
  • Deck The Halls -- Ukulele Christmas
  • We Wish You A Merry Christmas -- Shonen Knife
  • Blue Christmas -- Cyndi Lauper
  • Wonderful Christmastime -- The Shins

Happy listening

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-25-2012 at 04:24 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Man, I'm on the music pages every day and never saw a single reference to this.... boo!
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Man, I'm on the music pages every day and never saw a single reference to this.... boo!
They certainly didn't advertise it very well. I found it because I was thinking "hey, where are the free Christmas songs this year"? So my first search was on Holiday Music MP3s and found nothing, except that free Jazz sampler (see above). I thought "wow! no free songs this year"? Then I decided to search the main music store and found a listing for Free Holiday Songs in the left column under Holiday Music. Go figure.

I'm a bit bummed I missed the first two sets of songs.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
mayoi
mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2 and K3 Kindles, TF101
Many Thanks!
mayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Also free:

Christmas at Home: Christmas Sampler

Christmas at Home: Kids Christmas Sampler
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #6
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
FYI, this was the first set of downloads, copied from my Amazon order confirmation:

Carol of the Bells [MP3 Download]$0.00
From the album 'Tis The Season To Be Gotee Too
By: Capital Kings

Deck The Halls [MP3 Download]$0.00
From the album Ukulele Christmas
By: Ukulele Christmas

We Wish You A Merry Christmas [MP3 Download]$0.00
From the album Sweet Christmas
By: Shonen Knife

Blue Christmas [MP3 Download]$0.00
From the album Blue Christmas
By: Cyndi Lauper

Wonderful Christmastime [MP3 Download]$0.00
From the album Holidays Rule
By: The Shins

I'm not sure what the second set was--I had some of the tracks already from last year and bought the new ones individually.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #7
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
They certainly didn't advertise it very well. I found it because I was thinking "hey, where are the free Christmas songs this year"? So my first search was on Holiday Music MP3s and found nothing, except that free Jazz sampler (see above). I thought "wow! no free songs this year"? Then I decided to search the main music store and found a listing for Free Holiday Songs in the left column under Holiday Music. Go figure.

I'm a bit bummed I missed the first two sets of songs.
I follow them on twitter so I don't miss out
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:14 AM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
I follow them on twitter so I don't miss out
Since I don't do Twitter or Facebook, I miss out
Old 12-13-2012, 01:35 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

In the interests of completeness, here are the first two sets that were missed.

25 Days of Free Holiday Songs -- 1st set (01~05 Dec)
  • Carol of the Bells -- Capital Kings
  • Deck The Halls -- Ukulele Christmas
  • We Wish You A Merry Christmas -- Shonen Knife
  • Blue Christmas -- Cyndi Lauper
  • Wonderful Christmastime -- The Shins

25 Days of Free Holiday Songs -- 2nd set (06~10 Dec)
  • Angels We Have Heard On High -- Sara Groves
  • Little Drummer Boy -- Richard Marx
  • A Holiday Song -- Lisa Loeb (still free)
  • Christmas Unicorn -- Sufjan Stevens
  • Hark The Herald -- The Irish Tenors
Old 12-13-2012, 01:37 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
FYI, this was the first set of downloads, copied from my Amazon order confirmation:
Thanks a lot; I appreciate it
Old 12-13-2012, 01:40 AM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Thanks much for the new additions. Added to the OP.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:05 AM   #12
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Since I don't do Twitter or Facebook, I miss out
You don't have to have a Twitter account to see the tweets for Amazon. For example, you can see the AmazonMP3 tweets at http://twitter.com/amazonmp3 .

If you don't want to be bothered with checking the different Amazon Twitter pages for deals everyday, you can get the tweets through RSS ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS ) feeds. The URL for the AmazonMP3 Twitter RSS feed is https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/u...name=amazonmp3 and the URL for the AmazonKindle Twitter feed is https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/u...e=AmazonKindle . Plug those into an RSS feed reader and you'll get the tweets in the reader.

You can use RSS feeds in Firefox and Internet Explorer, online using Google Reader http://www.google.com/reader/ , with mobile apps (Apple, Android - maybe on your Android-based ereaders), and Windows and Mac programs.

I will say that, unlike most of the Amazon Twitter feeds, the MP3 feed is very "chatty." Lots of tweets telling people to contact support for help with their problems, and lots of tweets during music events like the Grammys, but I find it worth it to keep up with the deals.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:38 AM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
You don't have to have a Twitter account to see the tweets for Amazon. For example, you can see the AmazonMP3 tweets at http://twitter.com/amazonmp3 .
Thanks for the info. I'm not into RSS feeds, so I'll just check the MP3 Twitter account each day.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:09 AM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I've gotten them all thanks to Facebook and the DailyCheapReads blog. They've giving away some good ones this year. I actually recognize the artists for a change.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:49 AM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I'm not thrilled with this ever increasing push by websites to link their promos to Facebook and Twitter, and forgoing any mention on their own websites.