Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-03-2015, 08:09 AM   #301
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
Is there a way to mass convert all my azw3 to epub?

edit. already answered by looking at the whole thread
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up prematurely, but this may be possible in the near future. Still lots of testing to be done on a beta of an alpha of a very rough work in progress.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:24 PM   #302
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Posting a beta of an overhauled version (v0.79.79) that works with multiple selections. It also uses an experimental version of the core KindleUnpack code. If and when I make this the "official" version, it will become version 0.80.0

Multiple selection only works with the EPUB extraction from AZW3s or the PDF extraction from AZW4s features. You cannot "unpack" multiple books.

Books that do not have an AZW3 format will be ignored when selecting multiple books for EPUB extraction. Same thing goes for PDF extraction. If some of your KF8 books don't have an AZW3 format listed in calibre, you'll just have extract the EPUBs from those one-at-a-time.

If the target format (EPUB or PDF) already exists for a book, it will never be overwritten by the KindleUnpack plugin.

Check the log to see the details of what happened during a multi-book run.

EDIT: latest version of beta (v0.79.80) can be found in Post #307.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-06-2015 at 08:49 AM.
Advert
Old 03-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #303
Belenos
Connoisseur
Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Posting a beta of an overhauled version (v0.79.79) that works with multiple selections. It also uses an experimental version of the core KindleUnpack code. If and when I make this the "official" version, it will become version 0.80.0

Multiple selection only works with the EPUB extraction from AZW3s or the PDF extraction from AZW4s features. You cannot "unpack" multiple books.

Books that do not have an AZW3 format will be ignored when selecting multiple books for EPUB extraction. Same thing goes for PDF extraction. If some of your KF8 books don't have an AZW3 format listed in calibre, you'll just have extract the EPUBs from those one-at-a-time.

If the target format (EPUB or PDF) already exists for a book, it will never be overwritten by the KindleUnpack plugin.

Thanks! I'm gonna try it later!
Belenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:45 AM   #304
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:

Cool! I'll try it when I get home.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:57 AM   #305
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Cool! I'll try it when I get home.
Please do!
And report back, please.

I'm using it successfully on Linux and Windows, but I'd like to hear some success (or failure) stories before officially updating the first post.
Advert
Old 03-06-2015, 06:51 AM   #306
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Please do!
And report back, please.

I'm using it successfully on Linux and Windows, but I'd like to hear some success (or failure) stories before officially updating the first post.
Worked fine converting 19 AZW3s to EPUBs. One thing, though: after conversion, the search result toggle was changed to 'show all', without the button showing it (it still showed 'show results only' mode, with the diagonal slash). I had to toggle the button twice to get everything back in sync.

I'm not sure KindleUnpack was the culprit, but it looked like it. I'll see whether I can duplicate it this evening. I know Find Duplicates sometimes messes with that setting (which is why I put the button back in my toolbar when Kovid removed it by default), but then the button shows the setting correctly. Now it didn't.

Last edited by mbovenka; 03-06-2015 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:03 AM   #307
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm not sure KindleUnpack was the culprit, but it looked like it. I'll see whether I can duplicate it this evening.
It very well could be the culprit. I freely admit I rarely search or filter my library view, so I wouldn't have tested under those conditions. I just highlight them all and let the plugin ignore those without AZW3 formats.

The plugin does diddle the library view (in order to highlight all the entries that were affected) in a manner I've never really played with before this. Perhaps there's something there I can tweak.

Let me know what you find, and I'll look into it as well. Thanks for the input!

EDIT: Clearly, I was including a line of code that I had no idea what it did. I was deliberately (if not knowingly) changing the current search view to 'highlight only.' Please try this newer version and see if the issue goes away for you (and that nothing else was broken as a consequence).

EDIT2: [Beta attachment removed. Made it official and updated the first post in the thread with v0.80.0]

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-11-2015 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:59 AM   #308
mbovenka
Wizard

Quote:
EDIT: Clearly, I was including a line of code that I had no idea what it did. I was deliberately (if not knowingly) changing the current search view to 'highlight only.' Please try this newer version and see if the issue goes away for you (and that nothing else was broken as a consequence).
Yup, that sounds like what happened. I'll try the new version and report back this evening.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:09 PM   #309
mbovenka
Wizard

Quote:
Please try this newer version and see if the issue goes away for you (and that nothing else was broken as a consequence).
It seems to have fixed it, and not broken anything else
Old 03-06-2015, 02:20 PM   #310
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
and not broken anything else
Yet ... *fingers crossed*

I'll let it ride for a bit to see if anything else comes up. Thanks for testing.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:51 PM   #311
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
KindleUnpack Poll - REVISED

I've posted a poll about KindleUnpack results in the Kindle Format Forum. If you get a chance, please take a look? Thank you!

P.S. I posted a revised poll based on suggestions. If you looked at the first poll, please look again? Sorry for the false start Thank you!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=256979

Last edited by odamizu; 03-08-2015 at 12:14 PM. Reason: revised poll, new link
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:05 AM   #312
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Updated the first post with v0.80.0 of the plugin.
  • Overhauled the framework to allow the EPUB/PDF extraction of multiple selections
  • Updated to latest experimental (but stable) core KindleUnpack code (overhauled to work with either Python 2 or 3)

I'm going to leave the previous version in this post in case anyone runs into trouble and wants/needs to revert for any reason.

I also created a git repository for the plugin (v0.80.0 is the first release) if anyone wants to play. Downloads will be available there as well—and that's probably where I'll host any BETAs from now on. It exists mostly to make it easier for me to pull in changes from the upstream core KindleUnpack repo, patch anything I may need to patch and then "build" and debug the plugin, but input is always welcome (even input that doesn't ultimately get implemented )
Attached Files
File Type: zip kindleunpack_v0770_plugin.zip (85.0 KB, 350 views)

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-11-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:32 PM   #313
Nordickan
Banned
Nordickan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello!

Hello! DiapDealer, I have one request. Please add possibility convert AZW3 to PDF, not only AZW4 to PDF. I need very much in this function, only you can help me. I hope you will make it.
Good luck! Waiting for good news from you.
Nordickan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:51 PM   #314
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordickan View Post
Hello! DiapDealer, I have one request. Please add possibility convert AZW3 to PDF, not only AZW4 to PDF. I need very much in this function, only you can help me. I hope you will make it.
Good luck! Waiting for good news from you.
AZW4 is a wrapped PDF, there is no conversion. just unwrapping the package.

AZW3 is another beast when unwrapped
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:52 PM   #315
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
That is ridiculous -- KindleUnpack doesn't convert anything.

calibre already has a conversion feature, you can use that to convert from AZW3 to PDF. I don't know why you would want to, since PDF is a terribly inferior format, but you certainly can.

As for AZW4 -- it is already a PDF, just hidden inside a Palm Database, the same as the HTML and images which are wrapped in a Palm Database to create an AZW3. KindleUnpack has one purpose only -- to extract the contents of a Kindle format book from the underlying Palm Database wrapper.

AZW3 --> extracts to folder full of HTML and image files and stuff.
AZW4 --> extracts to PDF.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi2mobi