Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-31-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
fzhb3t
fzhb3t began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
cannot install Calibre OR Sony Reader software

Hi
I got a Sony PRS 600 reader for Christmas and I am unable to install either Sony reader SW or Calibre.
Spent 6 hours on phone with Sony helpdesk with no luck..it is at their engineering level. Tried to install calibre today and I get error message"An error ocurred uring the installation of assembly "Microsoft.VC90.CRT, version="9.0021022.8, publicKeyToken= blah blah blah, then it rolled back installation.
I have Dell laptop, Vista home Premium, 32 bit.
Any suggestions for either software?
fzhb3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
MO74
MO74 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am also unable to install Caliber - says i have an installation in progress, which I don't.

Try Adobe Digital reader - it is very good.

I installed the siny software but it will not open - useless.
MO74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
For the Sony software, did they say anything to you about the DEP?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:04 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fzhb3t View Post
Hi
I got a Sony PRS 600 reader for Christmas and I am unable to install either Sony reader SW or Calibre.
Spent 6 hours on phone with Sony helpdesk with no luck..it is at their engineering level. Tried to install calibre today and I get error message"An error occurred during the installation of assembly "Microsoft.VC90.CRT, version="9.0021022.8, publicKeyToken= blah blah blah, then it rolled back installation.
I have Dell laptop, Vista home Premium, 32 bit.
Any suggestions for either software?
Google the error your having. Is there an error number reported prior to this message? This problem is with your system not Calibre so your going to have to cast the net wider.

Good Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO74 View Post
I am also unable to install Caliber - says i have an installation in progress, which I don't.

Try Adobe Digital reader - it is very good.

I installed the siny software but it will not open - useless.
If Calibre won't install and Sony won't open your machine is having trouble.

For Calibre go to add/remove programs and uninstall. Then delete every directory (Except your books) that has Calibre mentioned. Restart your machine and reinstall.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote