Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #496
Wibber
Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: kindle K3G
Well and update I had reflashed my demo kindle and accidentally overwritten the area of the MMC that stores the S/N and MAC. I don't have the box any more so thought I was screwed!

While trolling the forums for ideas I found a thread where someone had a cracked screen and need to find out the serial number and someone suggested connecting it to the PC and reading the serial from device manager - which game me an epiphany!

I used USBDeview to lookup up the data of all USB devices installed on my computer and there it was! yay!

Using the MAC from another kindle the device is able to connect to Wifi but it is unable to register, or possibly it is unable to register due to the previous incorrect serial number being deregisted where this serial hasn't been resulting the kindle thinking it is deregisted when it isn't.

now I just need to figure out how to update the PCBA ID, and hopefully get the MAC from Amazon Support!
Wibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #497
term1nat0r
term1nat0r began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibber View Post
but it is unable to register
I guess that Kindle can not to register, because some information still lost. Go to settings 411 and look for the "certificate". Is it "missing"?
term1nat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #498
Wibber
Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: kindle K3G
Yes it is! What does that mean and can I replace it?

Cheers
Wibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #499
term1nat0r
term1nat0r began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 SO
Quote:

Cheers
I do not know what that means.
I have the same problemm... Can not find the heart to write to tech support Amazon. I'm afraid my knowledge of English is not enough to explain it right.
term1nat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #500
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:

Cheers
It is a public certificate - it should be in every de-brick image ever posted.
Just mount the de-brick image of your choosing, find and copy the certificate.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #501
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Well, there is data in the device dependent configuration stored in the flash section that also has MAC and serial number. I didn't bother to investigate yet, but that's basically why I've chosen to never publish the device config from my device even with blanked MAC and serial number (and if I zeroed out everything, it would not be of much worth anyway...).
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #502
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G)
actually hawhill i've noticed that if the other ID's are missing/garbled it'll refuse to register, i duplicated that by flashing the Bad dump i hadfrom my dead (and now gone) kindle to teh new one. Sure as ***t it would error durring reg but everything else worked. restored the backup and it resumed like it was just turned off all this time.
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #503
ChaosZeroX
ChaosZeroX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Trying to unbrick my kindle but I messed up

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K3noobdebrickatk
Following this guide I was rushing and not reading everything on every line and I put "0x00041000" in the address instead of "00041000"

I then tried to do it correctly with 00041000, but now I'm getting "Failed to initial flash or Do not support this Flash, please reset the target"

Help please
ChaosZeroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #504
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Ouch.... Try kubrick.

top sticky.

Cheers.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #505
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosZeroX View Post
Trying to unbrick my kindle but I messed up

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K3noobdebrickatk
Following this guide I was rushing and not reading everything on every line and I put "0x00041000" in the address instead of "00041000"

I then tried to do it correctly with 00041000, but now I'm getting "Failed to initial flash or Do not support this Flash, please reset the target"

Help please
try Kubrick
It might be able to recover your K3
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #506
ChaosZeroX

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
try Kubrick
It might be able to recover your K3
Tried it twice, carefully following the instructions each time, to no success.
When it got to flashing the kernel it spent a long time on 'waiting for device'
then changed to success without any progress or anything in between, then when it went to flash the main partition it stayed on 0% for a couple mins then said finished...It was suppose to take 1-3 hours.
From the little I've gathered I think I broke the bootloader. (how to fix if so?)
I haven't gotten the screen to do anything for a while and nothing ever happens with the LEDs without it being plugged in (turns orange).

It's a kindle 3 keyboard by the way (wifi only). I had some hacks installed ages ago but I haven't messed with it in a long time since.

Last edited by ChaosZeroX; 05-16-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #507
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Jimminy.. That does sound bad. Err...
I'm a bit rusty on restoring utterly mangled devices.
Maybe one of the others will have a bright idea. Apologies

Personally I use k3flasher to fix up mangled k3's
Old 05-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #508
ChaosZeroX

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Jimminy.. That does sound bad. Err...
I'm a bit rusty on restoring utterly mangled devices.
Maybe one of the others will have a bright idea. Apologies

Personally I use k3flasher to fix up mangled k3's
Thank you for caring I'll check out k3flasher
Old 05-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #509
twobob

sure. it's a powerful tool. Good fortune.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:01 AM   #510
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
But I think it is also what's being used in Kubrick. So it will probably expose the same behaviour. I don't think that breaking the device via ATK is easily possible. Then, I'm skeptical why the poster was able to use "0x..." in the ATK input field - the "x" isn't a valid hex char and I think ATK wouldn't work in such a case. So I guess the error report misses some parts. Maybe they involved frying the USB port on either the Kindle or the Host, maybe it's just a bad USB cable. Don't know. Or it might simply not been put into USB downloader mode properly again. I'd suggest to hang on to Kubrick (to rule out other error possibilities) and try with other USB ports and cables.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debrick, debricking, howto, kindle 3